Spongeables Applause Hand Buffer Honey Lotus-Quince 2 oz  » Health  »
  • I love hand products, and this was so unique I just had to try it
  • The amazing thing about this product is that it seems to be able to clean and moisturize at the same time, which is a bit of a contradiction
  • I found this incredibly hard to believe, as I had never used any type of cleanser that was that moisturizing
  • I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who likes novelty products, cares about the condition of their hands, and may not have time for all the extra work involved when doing a “hand spa” treatment with standard equipment

• by reviewabit

I love hand products, and this was so unique I just had to try it. This sponge holds everything to give you a mini hand spa treatment. The soft side is for washing and moisturizing. You just add some water and use it as if it were a washcloth or regular sponge, rubbing your hands gently clean.

On the other side is a scrubber that exfoliates all dead skin cells and leaves your hands smooth and soft. The amazing thing about this product is that it seems to be able to clean and moisturize at the same time, which is a bit of a contradiction. The package

even states that you do not need any additional hand lotions after using it.

I found this incredibly hard to believe, as I had never used any type of cleanser that was that moisturizing. Somehow, it works. I opened mine and placed it on a soap dish, so that it could drain freely when not in use.

This will make the product last much longer. Adding just a little water to the sponge, it makes a very nice lather. It is not a natural product.

It does have the usual detergents in it, but the performance makes up for that. It feels very creamy,

• and leaves your hands soft. The scrubber side is just right– not too scratchy, but works well enough that you know you are getting exfoliated properly.

According to the product information, there are little submicrons made from a type of seaweed that deposit onto the skin and release their moisturizing effects slowly over time. This sounds very sci-fi, but something about the product certainly does work. In the summer, it is 100% true that I don’t need an extra lotion or cream after washing my hands with this product.

In the winter, although I might be able to get away with it for a few days, I still

prefer to use a hand cream afterward. It is part habit, and part just loving the way the cream feels. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who likes novelty products, cares about the condition of their hands, and may not have time for all the extra work involved when doing a “hand spa” treatment with standard equipment.

This is a great all in one product that can spare you the need for using lotion if you don’t care for how it feels. It’s not very expensive– less than ten dollars, but it doesn’t last too long, depending on how often you use it. That’s the only down side.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431031457470631/k2311a0331/3.31.11