Cococare Cocoa Butter Complexion Bar 4 oz
  • I had seen them all while working at a drug store, and I always enjoyed sniffing the pure cocoa butter sticks, which smelled like chocolate
  • I felt a bit guilty, because I assumed it would have been an expensive product if intended for the complexion, but when she told me how little it cost, it was really less expensive than most soaps that are sold for the body
  • I took my first shower with it and have to say I was pretty impressed

• by reviewabit

When I took a trip to Chicago, I agreed to share a room with a friend to save money as we were both on a strict budget at the time. As part of our scheme to save as much space as possible, we assigned each other to bring certain products along for us both to use, and my friend brought the soap. The one she brought was a product I had seen and heard about for years, but had never tried.

It was cocoa butter soap from Cococare, a company that seemed to be a leader in providing cocoa butter products. I had seen them all

while working at a drug store, and I always enjoyed sniffing the pure cocoa butter sticks, which smelled like chocolate.

Although it is labeled a complexion bar, my friend brought it to use all over in the shower. I felt a bit guilty, because I assumed it would have been an expensive product if intended for the complexion, but when she told me how little it cost, it was really less expensive than most soaps that are sold for the body.

I liked the fragrance, but was not sure if it was one I actually wanted to smell like. I did not know ...

• how the cocoa smell would work with my chemistry.

I took my first shower with it and have to say I was pretty impressed. It makes a nice, rich lather, and seems to be very gentle and moisturizing.

After rinsing off, I realized that the fragrance was not strong enough to hang around on my skin, so there was no worry about it not working with my cologne. I washed my face with the bar too, and it felt nice.

My skin was left feeling pretty soft. I read the box to find that it appeared to be natural soap and not detergent based.

This was nice,

especially considering the price of the product. It is not an all-natural soap- there are some chemicals in it, but they are not the ones usually associated with detergent bars, which are drying to the skin.

I admitted I liked the soap. It would not be my very first choice of fragrance for myself, but the performance more than made up for that.

(I should be clear– it smells good, it’s just not my kind of smell– at least not for wearing) I would recommend this for anyone looking for a nice, good quality semi-natural soap that is suitable for the face and body and is very affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431031457430631/k2311a0331/3.31.11