The Body Shop Limited-Edition Hi-Shine Lip Treatment- Juicy Peach  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion This is a lovely color
  • However, if you are hoping that the color would show up on your lips, you will get disappointed with this
  • First, I liked that this has quite an unusual yet more convenient packaging
  • On the other hand, I would still recommend this for ladies who are not really particular about color payoff from lip products

• by hidge

The Product Juicy Peach shade is a peach color with a hint of baby pink to it. This also has micro shimmers.

The container is a plastic squeeze tube with a brush-tip applicator. The total weight of this lip product is 14 mL.

This has a sweet scent but I did not detect any taste, though.

This has a thick and sticky consistency.

The retail price of this based from The Body Shop website is US$10 but this is being sold in our country for a higher price.

My Experience and Opinion This is a lovely color. However, if you are hoping that the color would show up on your lips, you will get disappointed with this. This is just a very sheer color that would basically appear clear on the lips unless if you put a

lot. Good news for me and others who hate shimmers or sparkles on a lip gloss; the shimmers on this are not visible once applied.

This is indeed very glossy. This could create a wet, smooth, and juicy shine on my lips. I am sure that if my lips were well exfoliated on my first try of this, this could surely create a mirror-like shine.

This lip gloss also feels moisturizing. This made my lips feel soft, hydrated, and smooth the whole time that I was wearing this.

I understand that many women hate sticky lip glosses but thanks to that because this thick and sticky high-shine lip gloss could last for a long time on my lips. This could stand moderate eating and/or drinking. This could last for three to five hours whether worn indoors or outdoors.

On my ...

• final note, this lip gloss just feels gentle and emollient on my lips. I never got any problems using this. I did not get any lip irritations, itchiness, dryness, flakiness, or any allergic reactions from using this.

The Bottom Line This is a great lip gloss. First, I liked that this has quite an unusual yet more convenient packaging. Unlike most of tube lip glosses, this has an attached brush applicator which makes the application easier. I also liked how thick and shiny this is which really create a nice vinyl shine on my lips. However, if there is one thing that I want to complain about this is its lack of pigmentation. I wish they made this more pigmented since that this is such a nice color just by looking at it and I could just

imagine how it could create a lovely nude peach color on my lips.

On the other hand, I would still recommend this for ladies who are not really particular about color payoff from lip products. This is also ideal for those who prefer a brush applicator instead of doe-foot or slant-tip applicators. However, for those who have low tolerance for sticky and thick lip glosses, this product might not be for you.

Pros Cute color and 14 mL is quite a lot for a tube of lip gloss which means that this could last for months to a year or depending on the frequency of usage. Lastly, this lives to its promise for delivering a high-shine finish on the lips.

Cons Lacks color payoff and other ladies might not be able to tolerate the thick and sticky texture of this lip gloss.

Would I buy this product again?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131031457320631/k2311a0331/3.31.11