Detour Whey 30g Protein Bar, Caramel Peanut 12 ea
  • The problem was that we would need to eat something small to get us through until we arrived
  • I had not heard of Detour so I did not think there was going to be an issue
  • Yes, these were definitely protein bars, made with whey
  • I am sure he was terribly disappointed to learn that the reason these tasted so darn good was because of the high carb content
  • If you are not diabetic and want to try these for the taste quality, then yes, I do recommend them

• by reviewabit

A diabetic friend of mine took a day trip with me to a neighboring city. Before we decided to go, we had talked about meal times, and agreed to try and wait until we got there because we wanted to try out a special restaurant. The problem was that we would need to eat something small to get us through until we arrived. My friend told me not to worry, he would bring along some of his Detour bars, and he had a caramel peanut flavor just for me.

He had me at “caramel. ” I had assumed he knew what he was doing and had chosen

bars specifically made for diabetics with regards to carbohydrate balance. He didn’t.

I had not heard of Detour so I did not think there was going to be an issue. When we were halfway there and starving, he brought out the bars. I didn’t even read the label before biting into it.

Oh wow, this was the most fantastic tasting protein bar I had ever had. No wonder he was nuts about them. I practically inhaled it, and then I looked at the nutritional info on the box.

Yes, these were definitely protein bars, made with whey… and very healthy, if you were not ...

• diabetic. They had thirty two grams of carbohydrate– way too much for my lunch allowance. My blood sugar skyrocketed and so did his, and I had to sit him down and explain why, because he was totally baffled.

I am sure he was terribly disappointed to learn that the reason these tasted so darn good was because of the high carb content. Although it did have some artificial sweeteners in it (and this is what he looked at, thinking that meant it was ok) it also had plenty of things that we diabetics have to monitor very closely when we eat. So, I

give my opinion on this product– for athletes who are not diabetic and want a protein fix, they are a great option.

High protein, high calorie (350, to be exact) and taste phenomenal. For diabetics or anyone trying to lose weight, steer clear of these. They might be ok for a meal replacement for a non-diabetic, but they are not something you would want to have as a snack if you are trying to watch your calorie intake.

A very nice product with a great taste, but dangerous for us! If you are not diabetic and want to try these for the taste quality, then yes, I do recommend them. They are yummy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431031457310631/k2311a0331/3.31.11