Nature’s Way Metabolic Reset Weight Loss Shake Mix 1.4 lb  » Health  »
  • This is a protein shake mix that is low in carbs, and addresses the specific problem of overeating due to the way your body metabolizes carbs
  • I think perhaps the manufacturer should look at letting it settle before packing it, because that is a terrible waste
  • This decision was mostly based on the cost, which was close to thirty dollars

• by reviewabit

I am diabetic and always trying to lose weight and control carbohydrate intake. I read about this product in an article and went out and looked for it. This is a protein shake mix that is low in carbs, and addresses the specific problem of overeating due to the way your body metabolizes carbs. It is meant to help with appetite control, and adds lots of nutrients to your diet as well.

I heard many people claim this had a much better taste than most

products of its kind. When I first opened the bottle, I was a bit shocked to find it looked like it was less than half full. It had been sealed, so I called and asked if this was normal and was told that it was.

I’ve never seen a product settle that much, but I suppose it did. I think perhaps the manufacturer should look at letting it settle before packing it, because that is a terrible waste. I added the two scoops recommended to cold water and mixed it with a hand blender.

The result was as I was told– it does taste better than most protein shakes I have tried. I was impressed. I used it until the product was gone, about two weeks of a morning shake every day.

I did notice that I did not crave carbohydrates as much during the day when I used the shake, and it was a nice “sweet fix” to have for breakfast. I ...

• Nature's Way Metabolic Reset Weight Loss Shake Mix 1.4 lb
      tried experimenting with adding different fruits, like strawberries or bananas, and this tasted even better. The sweetener used in this product is stevia, and xylitol.

I have never cared for stevia much, but in this particular product, it seems to be pretty good. I did not even detect an aftertaste. Although I did note less carb cravings, I did not lose weight any faster on the product than I was without it, so I did not re-purchase it.

This decision was mostly

based on the cost, which was close to thirty dollars. When the container is less than half full, that’s a lot of money to be paying for it. I wonder if the dead air space was deliberate to lull the consumer into thinking they were getting much more product.

Sneaky. Anyway, I have to say it is a good product– does what it says and tastes good. For me personally, it did not produce any acceleration in weight loss and was not economical, so I abandoned the idea.

Brittany says :

re : This decision was mostly based on the cost, which was close to thirty dollars
There are way better protein shakes out there that cost way less and that are way better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431031457300631/k2311a0331/3.31.11