Calphalon Garlic Press
  • After receiving the Calphalon Garlic Press as a gift, the giver told me she had used many presses in her day and she found this to be not only the most reliable press, but the best one ever

• by goldnsilver

After receiving the Calphalon Garlic Press as a gift, the giver told me she had used many presses in her day and she found this to be not only the most reliable press, but the best one ever. She didn’t tell me much else, nor could I quantify what “best ever” really meant.

I have

tested this press 2 ways: with the skin on and with skin off the garlic.

With the skin on, the press works fine but leaves some garlic in the well. When I peel the garlic first, place it in the well and squeeze it, I get more garlic through the bottom, leaving behind only a light fiber. It’s works like every other garlic press out there, but its simple and unique design yields more garlic per press. How it works: the toothed-top of the press (lays on top of the solitary clove) presses through to the matched holed bottom, forcing every bit of garlic through the holes. Clean-up is swift too. I can ...

• Calphalon Garlic Press
      gently grab the residual skin with any sharp object (I’m lazy, so I use my fingernails) and gently pull upward on the fiber/skin as the whole thing loosens off the toothed area (sometimes I have to pull off more left behind). A toothbrush works well too. I’m lazy so I usually don’t bother doing this until
      after I’ve squeezed a few single cloves. Because this is metal, a simple, quick hand rinse will do fine.

Additionally, I’m really tough on my presses using them frequently and had quite a few break on me. This one has stood the test of time and usage. I love it and won’t use any other type. The best gift ever!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5331031457110531/k2311a0331/3.31.11