Blistex Med Plus Cherry Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • I recently came across Blistex Relief cream, and I was so impressed by the results that I decided to try out more of their products to see if they worked out as well
  • Luckily for me, they have a lip balm (Blistex Med Plus Lip Balm) which I decided to give a go
  • I love the fact that this particular balm comes in a tube as opposed to a pot, since I am always afraid of transferring bacteria between my lips and the balm using my fingers
  • I found it very comforting and cooling, and it also produces a very nice hint of color
  • I think this is a wonderful product, and I would recommend it any day

• by James Amulyoto

My lips are almost always cracked, dry and chapped, and as a result I am always keen to try out something that can remedy the situation. I have a huge stock of lip products, but I don’t use majority of them because most of them don’t do what they claim to do. I recently came across Blistex Relief cream, and I was so impressed by the results that I decided to try out more of their products to see if they worked out as well. Luckily for me, they have a lip balm (Blistex Med Plus Lip Balm) which I decided to give a go.

Dry lips come about because the skin over the lips is very thin, and doesn’t

have the required cells to keep itself moisturized. Licking lips (as I recently found out) doesn’t work for chapped lips because saliva quickly evaporates and leaves the lips dryer than before. As with all problems, it’s much better to prevent it from happening than to solve the problems once it comes about.

Blistex Med Plus Lip balm is a lip balm that is aimed at dry lips that need very tender are. I bought this product from Boots.com, and it cost me £2.34 for one tube. It came packaged in a recyclable square cardboard box. This has (on the front) a picture of some female lips, and the bottom of it said Med Plus Cherry Berry Protecting Formula. The lip balm itself is in a cherry tube, and weighs 4.25g. It has a lid that is pulled of and clicks securely back into place after use. I found it very easy to use this product; I just had to turn the base to reveal the balm, apply on my lips, turn it back to retract it and then close the lid, just like a normal balm. I love the fact that this particular balm comes in a tube as opposed to a pot, since I am always afraid of transferring bacteria between my lips and the balm using my fingers.

When I applied this to my lips, it gave me immediate relief. I found it very comforting and cooling, and ...

• Blistex Med Plus Cherry Lip Balm
      it also produces a very nice hint of color. For very chapped lips, I would recommend that you apply a lot after a meal/drink, and when you feel that your lips are really dry. I also found it beneficial to apply some before I went to bed, since it meant that it would be untouched throughout the night which would allow it to take effect. This lip balm is called a Cherry Berry Lip Balm, so naturally I expected it to smell of cherries. However, I found that it smells too artificial and sweet, and the smell of cherry is very faint.

This product contains beeswax which smoothens and softens skin. It also has cocoa butter and camphor among the

ingredients. Applying this product on my lips, I felt that it did feel very waxy for me, and wasn’t absorbed by my skin. Instead, it created a protective barrier on my lips, and this was easily rubbed off using a piece of cloth. After only a few applications, my lips now feel less sore, and are more soothed. Within a few hours of application I can usually feel that my lips are in better condition. Now that my lips have improved, I have found that I don’t need to apply it as often as before, though I still apply it once in a while just to maintain my lips. I think this is a wonderful product, and I would recommend it any day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131031457000531/k2311a0331/3.31.11