Posietint Poppy Pink Lip and Cheek Stain  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have pale skin, and I found the Benetint to contrast too sharply with it and I ended up feeling like a clown after using it
  • When Posietint came out, I couldn't wait to try it since I thought it would work very well with my skin
  • I know this may sound like quite a large amount of money for a stain, but I think that for how long it lasts, it's worth it
  • I had thought that it would be a mild coloured liquid, but when I saw it's colour I was a bit disappointed at first since I thought that it would not blend well with my skin as I had intended it to
  • I like using it on my lips instead of lipstick because with lipstick, my lips dried out fast and left behind flakes

• by Sam Amulyoto

I have a huge collection of Benefit brand of make-up, and one of their products that I recently bought was the Posietint lip and cheek stain. This is a lighter version of the Benetint lip and cheek stain. I have pale skin, and I found the Benetint to contrast too sharply with it and I ended up feeling like a clown after using it. When Posietint came out, I couldn’t wait to try it since I thought it would work very well with my skin. Both versions of the stain also claim to not have any shimmer. Posietint comes in a 12ml bottle and costs £24.00 from boots.com. I know this may sound like quite a large amount of money for a stain, but I think that for how long it lasts, it’s worth it.

I found the packaging for this product very girly. It came in a pink cardboard box with some white writing on the front and a picture of a poppy at the side of the box. The box is designed in the same way as the bottle in which the product comes in. The stain is packaged in a glass container that looks

like a nail polish bottle, capped by a white lid that is screwed on and off. Attached to this is the nail polish brush which can be used for application. The stain itself is a waterproof gel which I liked using a lot since it glides on the skin very smoothly, and I never had to worry about it running and leaving stains down my face. Wherever I applied the stain, it stayed there.

When I first unscrewed the lid, I was actually very surprised at how pink the liquid was. I had thought that it would be a mild coloured liquid, but when I saw it’s colour I was a bit disappointed at first since I thought that it would not blend well with my skin as I had intended it to. However, I soon found out that I needn’t have worried about this fact because after applying it, all I got was a very beautiful flush of colour around my cheeks. I also found out that this product didn’t have any scent. I was anticipating a flowery scent, and this was disappointing a little.

Though this product is touted as a gel, I think it’s ...

• consistency is too light to be called that and I would call it a thick liquid instead. It’s very easy to use this product, though it took me quite a while to get used to it for some reason. It is recommended that one applies it on their cheeks in three tiny dots and blend. When I tried doing this, I found it to be a generally bad idea because I found that it dries really fast. Also, after I blended it I was left with three very conspicuous dots on my cheeks where I had placed it initially. I found that when applying little amounts of the stain, you have to be really quick as it dries up fast. What works for me is to apply a small amount of it on my finger tips and then applying it immediately on my cheeks, blending as I go. I found that this looks more natural and doesn’t leave marks behind.

After using this stain I found that my cheeks acquired this lovely natural colour, similar to what one might get after being in the cold for some time or after jogging. It dries to a very lovely

matte, and true to the manufacturers word, there’s no shimmer at all. I was also happy with its staying power; even with my oily skin, it lasts on my skin for a good five hours.

In my opinion, I think this is a good product and every woman should have it in their collection of make-up. I think it is a very good blush especially for special occasions as it also looks very good on photographs. I like using it on my lips instead of lipstick because with lipstick, my lips dried out fast and left behind flakes. However, with this stain I found that I could have gorgeous lips, and not have any of the problems associated with a lip stick or lip gloss such as having to reapply it occasionally. However, like all stains that can be used on the lips, this one leaves my lips feeling dry, tight and uncomfortable. I therefore use a little clear lip gloss after using it in order to moisturise my lips, and I found that this works very well for me. In a nutshell, I think this is a wonderful product, and all women should try it out. It’s simply wonderful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131031456910531/k2311a0331/3.31.11