August Rush Movie  » Movies  »
  • August Rush is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time
  • Wizard said that music was proof there is something out there bigger than we are and I have to agree
  • The guitar playing and the final August Rhapsody were amazing

• by Grsky

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

August Rush is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

A young foundling boy dreams of the day his parents will find him again. He knows that if they listen hard enough like he does, they will hear him and they will come and reclaim him. What he listens to is the music that is in the world, the air and all around him.

He embarks from the boy’s home in search of his family and what he finds along the way is his musical genius. Wonderfully portrayed by Freddie Hightower, Evan falls in with a group of other musically inclined

street children. Led by the Wizard (Robin Williams) a sort of modern day, malevolent Peter Pan, the group gives him the sense of family that he has been missing. Dubbed August Rush by the Wizard, his genius continues to reveal itself and as he seeks to have his music heard so that his parents can find him, the story unfolds into one of hope and undeniable faith.

I love this movie. The music from start to finish is the kind that gets under my skin and makes me want to be in touch with those feelings all the time. The way I can only imagine musicians ...

• must feel. It didn’t matter if the music was rock, jazz, gospel or classical it all spoke to that same need to connect with something outside of myself. Wizard said that music was proof there is something out there bigger than we are and I have to agree. The guitar playing and the final August Rhapsody were amazing. I loved how they fused all of the genres together to make this sound track, it all worked together.

While some might think the coincidences that occur, in how he almost meets his parents, how they come together in the end might be improbable, I am a

firm believer in that there are some things that are just meant to happen. When you want it bad enough it can be willed into existence. August Rush did not disappoint me in this regard. When he finds himself, finally, standing in front of his mother and father for the first time, the joy he feels is real and contagious.

I could listen to the music from the sound track - all of it - all day long. I heard what August was communicating and I loved what I heard.

See this one!

August Rush Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1131031456870531/k2311a0331/3.31.11