The Name of the Wind (book) by Patrick Rothfuss  » Books  »
  • It's adult fantasy, 600 and some pages, but would appeal to young adults as well, I think
  • Their development was thorough but not boring in any way, and their relations were just spot on and so interesting
  • The story would be very comfortable (not to mention delicious) just going on forever

• by Laura Gordon

The Name of the Wind was an extraordinary book. I read it because a friend of mine read it and told me I absolutely had to borrow it, and I’m just glad she did. I had never heard of it myself, and it turned out to be one of my favorite books.

It’s adult fantasy, 600 and some pages, but would appeal to

young adults as well, I think. I was around 18 when I read it, and I couldn’t put it down.

I loved pretty much everything about this book. It hooks you right at the beginning with its truly unique and intriguing prologue. The prose was just so gripping. And the unique ideas just keep coming. This story is intriguing, exciting, and full of ideas and little nuances that add to it. The characters were fantastic, and the author just did a superb job with character interaction. Their development was thorough but not boring in any way, and their relations were just spot on and so interesting.

The author develops a lot in this story, but it does not seem dragged-out or slow at ...

• The Name of the Wind (book) by Patrick Rothfuss
      all. He is a fantastic entertainer. The story would be very comfortable (not to mention delicious) just going on forever. I didn’t want it to end, and now I can’t wait to read the sequel. This story will grip and thrill you, and leave you thirsting for more – much more! Rarely does an author debut such a treasure.
      This is spectacular work. He clearly knows his stuff, and it’s stuff I’m so glad he has decided to share with the rest of us. We would be missing out if he had never decided to put pen to paper.

I highly recommend this book! Even if you’re not a big fantasy fan – this has the potential of changing your mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1730031456790631/k2311a0330/3.30.11