Sweex Clipz MP3 Player 2GB  » Electronics  »
  • I found this particular feature very interesting since I happen to own a Mac
  • In terms of looks, it comes across as a very simple device, and I don't think that whoever designed it lost a lot of sleep in the process
  • This has a very sturdy spring mechanism, and I found it solid enough to take the stresses of clipping and unclipping for a long while before finally breaking
  • The buttons also look to be very durable, and I think it's going to be a while before they fail
  • Add that to the fact that it is dirt cheap (it cost me £14.00) and the result is a music player that I would happily recommend for anyone looking for a cheap, durable and reasonably high quality music player and who doesn't want to jump on the Apple bandwagon

• by James Amulyoto

A while back, I came across a nifty little 2GB MP3 player, the Sweex Clipz MP3 Player. When I went off to buy this, I was just looking for a plain MP3 player, nothing fancy. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a device that only plays MP3s. I was just looking for a cheap music player that was able to hold a few songs which could keep me going for some time when I was bored.

This particular MP3 player has a two gigabyte internal memory and a USB2.0 port. It comes with a rechargeable battery which takes two and a half hours to charge. It weighs 130 grams, and comes in a variety of colours. You can upload songs to it using all operating systems, using Mac. I found this particular feature very interesting since I happen to own a Mac.

This isn’t a very sophisticated music player, it has only the basic functions and that’s

it. However, after using it for a while I liked it a lot since it did what it was meant to do (play music) without any histrionics and with very good results. In terms of looks, it comes across as a very simple device, and I don’t think that whoever designed it lost a lot of sleep in the process. It only has a few essential buttons (play, pause, volume controls and track selection buttons). The pause and play buttons are at the centre of a cross-like design whose apices are used to control the volume and select the next or previous track. On the back of the device is found a belt clip. This has a very sturdy spring mechanism, and I found it solid enough to take the stresses of clipping and unclipping for a long while before finally breaking. The headphone socket lies on the side of the device, and on the other side is the USB ...

• port and a power switch. I found the body to be very light; sometimes I even forgot it was in my pocket. However, it also looks to be very sturdy and can take quite a beating though I never tried this out. The buttons also look to be very durable, and I think it’s going to be a while before they fail. They are also very easy to use, and that is saying a lot especially considering that I have big fingers. The belt clip had very good grip and it always stayed in position wherever I clipped it.

Apart from the necessary buttons and ports, the outside of the player is very spartan, but the inside has quite a bit of guts in my opinions. The 4GB memory could hold around four hundred of my songs. Other sizes of memory are available for the same music player. Before using it, I thought the sound quality would be crackly or

tinny especially considering it’s price, but it was actually much clearer than I had anticipated. I could increase the volume to a good level without it becoming too distorted, though this also depended on the quality of the file I was playing at the moment.

Generally, in my opinion this is one music player that can be used anywhere since it doesn’t have a lot of features that can distract you from whatever it is you are doing. I also found that it can take a bit of rough treatment; I could use it in the gym or while jogging and so far the effects of this haven’t started showing on its body. Add that to the fact that it is dirt cheap (it cost me £14.00) and the result is a music player that I would happily recommend for anyone looking for a cheap, durable and reasonably high quality music player and who doesn’t want to jump on the Apple bandwagon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1630031456780631/k2311a0330/3.30.11