Moulinex DDJ241 Handheld Blender  » Housewares  »
  • I was recently in the market for a blender, and after doing some research for a while, I decided to get the Moulinex DDJ24, also known as the Moulinex Spiralio 3
  • One problem I had with the cheaper blenders was the fact that for most of them, their motors began to burn out after constant use
  • I found this blender to be very versatile
  • I was very impressed by this since it protects your fingers from damage, and also protects the blades from coming into contact with the pan you're blending in
  • I think it is a very good idea, and I would heartily recommend having one of these

• by James Amulyoto

I have many handy tools in my kitchen to help me make a good meal. When I choose a kitchen appliance, I normally like getting one that is easy to use, and one that would last really long. I was recently in the market for a blender, and after doing some research for a while, I decided to get the Moulinex DDJ24, also known as the Moulinex Spiralio 3. This is a hand mixer that has a white plastic casing which is mains powered. It has a single speed setting and has a power rating of 300W.

I have used several brand of blenders over the past, most of them cheap ones. One thing that I have come to learn, therefore, is that the cheap ones are not as sturdy as the more expensive ones. One problem I had with the cheaper blenders was the fact that for most of them, their motors began to burn out after constant use. With the Moulinex blender, however, I was pleased to find

that it could go on for minutes on end without causing any problems at all. Even for prolonged blending jobs, the motor never groaned or stuttered, and I never smelt anything plastic burning, which was very common with most of my previous blenders.

I found this blender to be very versatile; I could use it with any pan without scraping the side of the pan. This was because of its ingenious design; the mixing blades are hidden beneath a plastic dome at the bottom of the unit. I was very impressed by this since it protects your fingers from damage, and also protects the blades from coming into contact with the pan you’re blending in. The dome protecting the blades has four cut out areas to allow the ingredients to flow through the blades efficiently.

One other thing I loved about this blender was how easy it was to use; even my children can use it to mix ingredients in the kitchen. All you have to do is hold the ...

• body, place the mixing blades in whatever it is you want to mix, and press the button with your finger. It was as simple as that. In my opinion, the design of the blender is very good; it gives me good grip which I think is very important in a hand held mixer. This enables me to manoeuvre the mixer much better. I also found it to be very lightweight, so it didn’t strain my arm especially when doing those heavy blending jobs. The fact that it has only one speed may put off some people, but I found that it was sufficient for a quick mix. However, though they say it has one speed, I found this to not be entirely true. When I gently pressed the button, the blades rotated slowly at first, but when I pressed the button a bit harder, it sped to maximum speeds. I think that once you get used to using it, you can get two speeds out of it.

Cleaning this

mixer was also very easy for me; for cleaning in between mixing jobs, all I usually have to do is blast some warm soapy water through the blades, then pour some clean water over it. For a full clean, I found that the blades are detachable, and are very easily and safely cleaned. The blades were made out of stainless steel so they won’t rust, but I still think it’s a good idea to dry them before storing them.

I found this mixer to be very convenient for a lot if things, right from chopping onions to making fruit purées. I think it’s a very good kitchen appliance, and all lovers of cooking should have one. It takes up little space, but is very capable of a lot of things. It cost me fifty pounds, but I would advise one to shop around since I’m sure it is likely to cost much cheaper in some shops. I think it is a very good idea, and I would heartily recommend having one of these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330031456700631/k2311a0330/3.30.11