Bissell Powerforce Bagless Upright Vacuum  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I really try to keep my house as clean as possible, so I like to vacuum my floors once a day to keep up with the days wear
  • And I thought at the time a bagless vacuum was the way to go
  • And the first two months I was very impressed with the power this machine had, my floors never looked cleaner
  • After such a bad experience, I don't recommend the Bissell Powerforce, I wouldn't recommend a bagless vacuum to anyone, dirty and messy dumping dirt, dust flying out, cleaning filters and breathing in all that billowing dried dirt particles hurt my lungs

• by lisastar

I really try to keep my house as clean as possible, so I like to vacuum my floors once a day to keep up with the days wear. And my last vacuum’s motor actually burned out after six months use. I’ve never had that happen before ever in a vacuum cleaner. And I saw several commercials on TV about the Bissell Powerforce and I liked what I saw. A machine that has twelve amps of power to suck up lots of deep down dirt, five height adjustments, so I can vacuum my bare floors and carpets.

And I thought at the time a bagless vacuum was the way to go. So I broke down and bought the Bissell

Powerforce at Walmart for $46.84 hoping for a good quality vacuum. This machine came almost fully assembled, I only had to screw the handle on and attach he hoses, really easy to do. And the first two months I was very impressed with the power this machine had, my floors never looked cleaner. Even the upholstery attachment picked up my dog’s loose hair without any problems. I cleaned out the dirt canister after every use, plenty of suction and cleaning power.

Over a week later a new story started to take shape. The suction slowly cut out and then I the unit started throwing fits spitting dirt out of the front and back right back on my ...

• carpet. So I ended up with more dirt than what the machine actually picked up. I thought there must be a clog somewhere so I took off the suction tube, no clog. I checked all the dirt ports attached to the plastic canister dirt trap and cleaned the three filters, nothing. I even dismantled the bottom, cleaned the roller brush, no clogs behind the brush either, nothing. The suction hose lasted longer than the main vacuum base but cleaning a house solely with a small hose just is too much work. And the length of the hose is only four feet long so I had to bend over to suction everything I wanted cleaned.

I don’t know what

happened with this machine but it seems like the vacuum blew a gasket somewhere. After such a bad experience, I don’t recommend the Bissell Powerforce, I wouldn’t recommend a bagless vacuum to anyone, dirty and messy dumping dirt, dust flying out, cleaning filters and breathing in all that billowing dried dirt particles hurt my lungs. No matter what I did sucked up very little if anything. Maybe my unit was a lemon who knows. But I would be much happier using my good old shop vacuum instead of this Bissell Powerforce. With a shop vac, I only have to take off the top and blast out the dirt with a hose from a safe distance and let dry easy.

Bissell Powerforce Bagless Upright Vacuum

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330031456660531/k2311a0330/3.30.11