Furminator Deshedding Tool For Dogs  » Pets  »
  • So I mostly only resorted to combing and brushing her the best I could until I found the Furminator
  • I know I love brushing my hair which massages the scalp and dogs are not any different in that respect
  • After a single brushing, I noticed a considerable decrease of hair on my furniture and rugs probably sixty percent if that much for reduced shedding
  • Even at sixty percent I like what I don't see

• by lisastar

The Furminator works well on my dog’s abundance of hair. She has tons of thick fur being a half husky and wolf breed. So she sheds excessively in the spring and fall season, large chunks of undercoat for weeks. My main concern with the whole shedding deal is the hair sticks to everything, and I have to sticky roll my clothes before leaving the house. Shedding fur makes her so itchy, she scratches trying to loosen up the fur by herself. I can’t even bath her till she finishes shedding her hair clogs up my bathtub drains leaving wet hair all over my bathroom. So I mostly only resorted to combing and brushing her the best I could until I found the Furminator.

I first saw this product in the local groomers shop, but they wanted a whopping $40.00 which is a bit much to spend for a dog comb

even with such a snazzy name. I ended up buying the yellow Furminator online at Amazon. Their price was the best I could actually find at only $15.99, much better priced for a tool almost promising miracle deshedding. This yellow medium sized tool has a one - two thirds inch stainless steel blade attached to a nice hard plastic handle with a good quality design. And the whole thing is extremely sturdy with no weak spots like areas of thin plastic some dog brushes and combs have.

My dog is a mover. She loves to jump and run around, so combing her fur with an ordinary dog comb was nearly impossible. The comb ran over the top of her hair but never down near her skin where all the shedding action is taking place. So she wasn’t satisfied enough to sit through a whole brushing. She tolerates the Furminator, actually she ...

• loves having the undercoat removed and this tool does just that. It grabs large clumps of dense, loose undercoating right out of her fur. And this helps her and I feel so much better at least I can help her out during that uncomfortable period. I know I love brushing my hair which massages the scalp and dogs are not any different in that respect.

I have learned a few good tips from trial and error using the Furminator. For one, I find it’s much better to take my dog outside or in the bathroom someplace without carpeting or furniture. The hair is much easier to manage and with dealing with large quantities of fur, you want a place that is easy to clean. Second, have a large plastic bag or lined garbage can to drop the clumps of fur. The Furminator will release a ton of fur.

The instructions say

this tool is proven to reduce shedding by sixty to eighty percent. I would say this fact is correct. After a single brushing, I noticed a considerable decrease of hair on my furniture and rugs probably sixty percent if that much for reduced shedding. Even at sixty percent I like what I don’t see. Here is what this product doesn’t do. It doesn’t cut or pull her hair, doesn’t work on wet or tangled fur, and doesn’t have sharp blades to worry about. The fact that I have to buy replacement blades concerns me a little, but my dog just loves having all that fur off her body and less fur around my house compensates for the price of replacement blades for now.

I give this product a 9 rating instead of a ten only because I have to buy replacement blades. This Deshedding tool is just awesome for any dog out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2930031456650531/k2311a0330/3.30.11