Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm  » Cosmetics  »
  • But recently I found this at a sale for only $2 so I picked one up to test it out
  • It being so small, I can carry it anywhere, in purses, jean pockets, etc. I love the packaging
  • I put this on before bed at night and wake up in the morning with very smooth feeling lips, which is amazing
  • I would definitely recommend this lip balm to people as it really works and not a lot of product has to be used for it to work, so it’ll last for a very long time
  • I think it is definitely a good investment in a lip balm and I will continue to buy this lip balm and try to stock up whenever I find it on sale

• by shanjucool

My lips are very dry and I always have chapped lips. In the winter climate, the dryness in cold Canadian weather makes my lips even more dry and cracked and the cold wind doesn’t help either. Hence I have to always carry chapsticks with me and use them continually throughout the day and thus, I run out of them very fast. I am also always testing out new chapsticks in the market to see which one is better than the other. I always hesitated to buy the Burts Bees brand of lip balm as it is a lot more expensive than the other lip balms around it, at $5 for a tiny tube. But recently I found this at a sale for only $2 so I picked one up to test it out.

The packaging of this lip balm

isn’t anything special. It is just like any other lip balm out there. It comes in a tube that one has to twist up to get access to the product. I must say though that the tube looks tiny but there it is covered to the brim with balm, and when I twist it up, I can see there is a lot of product inside. I really like the compact packaging of this and how there is so much product despite the tiny tube. It being so small, I can carry it anywhere, in purses, jean pockets, etc. I love the packaging.

This lip balm has a very distinct floral but honey smell. The honey scent is more obvious when one is actually putting the balm on them lips. But straight off the tube, it smells more like ...

• flowers. I like the smell. It isn’t too strong or overwhelming and doesn’t give me a headache. It is a pleasant scent and goes away after a while of the balm being on my lips. I like that quality of this.

The balm itself goes on very smoothly on the lips. I rub this balm very generally all over my lips in order to cover every bit of it and make sure everything is moisturized and yet it seems like I hardly use much product. The balm has leaves behind a waxy feeling, which at first I didn’t like but got used to later on and didn’t mind at all. This balm does not dry on the lips quickly, which is a good quality about this lip balm. I put this on before bed at night and wake up

in the morning with very smooth feeling lips, which is amazing. My lips stays moisturized and soft throughout the day too even if I forget to put this lip balm on.

So compared to other cheaper lip balms, this one stayed on me and worked for a very long period of time and ensured my lips didn’t dry out and stayed healthy, so I guess it really is worth the $5 price tag. I would definitely recommend this lip balm to people as it really works and not a lot of product has to be used for it to work, so it’ll last for a very long time. I think it is definitely a good investment in a lip balm and I will continue to buy this lip balm and try to stock up whenever I find it on sale.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130031456570531/k2311a0330/3.30.11