Little Voice Movie  » Movies  »
  • To begin with, I love the music that LV was listening to and the stars she was imitating so that was a big plus for me
  • Blethyn received a Supporting Actress Oscar nomination, I think she should have won
  • I wondered during the movie if LV played by Jane Horrocks was lip synching, but in the final credits I learned she sang all her own songs - she was amazing
  • Little Voice is a great movie and I really recommend it

• by Grsky

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Little Voice is a film that really touched me.

Called LV by her mother, Little Voice is a nearly agoraphobic young woman whose only contact with the outside world is through old record albums that had belonged to her beloved deceased father. They are her escape from a world she can barely tolerate and her perfect horror of a mother played by Brenda Blethyn.

The music gets inside her and she is able to recreate Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Shirley Bassey and others’ voices

and performance movements. She is soon discovered by her mother’s greasy boyfriend played by Michael Caine. A talent scout he attempts to make her into a star much against her will.

The story ends with LV finding her voice and her life.

To begin with, I love the music that LV was listening to and the stars she was imitating so that was a big plus for me. I had a hard time understanding some of her mother’s conversation because of her thick British ...

• accent, but the gist of her ugliness and selfishness came through loud and clear. I couldn’t help but admire the actress who played Mari, she really put herself into the roll. I’m also glad I don’t know anyone like the character she portrayed. Kudos to LV for winning out in the end. Ms. Blethyn received a Supporting Actress Oscar nomination, I think she should have won.

credits I learned she sang all her own songs - she was amazing! She did a great and convincing job playing LV as a dispirited and nearly nonexistent being, transforming into a remarkable performer and then into a woman who was going to freely live her life.

There were other great performances but these two women were really the show for me.

Little Voice is a great movie and I really recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130031456560531/k2311a0330/3.30.11