Greenies Dental Chews for Dogs, Large  » Pets  »
  • I bought these green Dental Chews for my dog 60 pound husky mix when I noticed her teeth were yellowing more than normal, and her breath was smelly
  • Raw hides and Milkbones were not working like they used to on her teeth, so I decided to give these chews a chance
  • I have noticed her teeth are whiter than they normally are and a slight improvement pinking up her gums, and the tartar build up has lessened
  • I definitely noticed her breath returned to her normal dog breath not smelly when she breaths on my face
  • And if you want a good product that cleans teeth fairly well, and will please picky eaters, then I recommend these dental chews

• by lisastar

I bought these green Dental Chews for my dog 60 pound husky mix when I noticed her teeth were yellowing more than normal, and her breath was smelly. Raw hides and Milkbones were not working like they used to on her teeth, so I decided to give these chews a chance. And I have to say my dog just loves to eat these dental chews.

She actually thinks they are an after dinner dessert. And she waits and stares me down making her little dog sounds until I get up and give her a dental chew just like clockwork. I have noticed her teeth are whiter than they normally are and a slight improvement pinking up her gums, and the tartar build up has lessened.

Her mouth really looks healthier than before not a major improvement but well enough. I definitely noticed her breath returned to her normal dog breath not smelly when she breaths on my face.

These Dental Chews have nice vitamins and minerals, iron, so they are healthy for her. The green color and the toothbrush shape make me smile a little bit. They look like something a dentist would give their patients after a good teeth cleaning from a hygienist. So my dog can have a treat dentist prize and I can feel good my dog’s teeth are taken care of.

I have noticed two flaws with this product, first the lid on the plastic container these chews come in doesn’t like to stay shut. Once I open the container for the first time, the lid never goes back on the same. But still at least the chews are in a plastic container and not a cardboard box, so I am not complaining to much. The lid design does need a little fixing though. And I usually use tape to keep the lid closed since my dog is so crazy for these treats. You would think they were Mc Donald’s hamburgers or something just as tasty. I’m not sure why she is so excited over these; the main ingredient is gelatin and has a natural poultry flavoring. There is also ground up flax seeds in these chews. Flax seeds have anti inflammatory properties, a definite benefit to oral care, are rich ...

• Greenies Dental Chews for Dogs, Large
      in omega oils and also a good source of fiber.

Second flaw, manufacturer states these chews are one hundred percent edible and ninety six percent digestible, so what is the four percent that is not digestible? The ingredients list is difficult to decipher and doesn’t label the indigestible four percent. They do seem to be easier to eat than a raw hide, so in some ways that’s a plus. And they crumble while my dog eats them so there isn’t a choking risk which bothers me a little about rawhides. For dogs that like to chew like my dog, they do not last very long at all, she chews them up in five minutes time. Now if she did slow her eating down a

little and chew longer, she would have a longer Greenie experience. I usually give her a rawhide to content her chewing habit and watch her carefully when she chews the rawhide down to a small three inch piece.

Greenies are low in calories, so they do cater to a good low calorie diet for pets who are watching their weight. They are a bit spendy at $29.00 a box of 17 chews though. And if you want a good product that cleans teeth fairly well, and will please picky eaters, then I recommend these dental chews. I feel ok giving this product an 8 rating since they are so beneficial but the price is something to think about and the four percent indigestible is a question mark.

Tonia Welch says :

I noticed my Sadie’s breath was not so fresh and her teeth began to look dull. After some research and asking friends’ opinions I decided to try out the Greenies Dental Chews. Wow, was I surprised I could actually see real results in a few weeks No more doggy breath and she had pearly white again She also is a picky eater but she loves these treats, she thinks they are just good treats and doesn’t know they play a big role in her overall oral health.

Daleen Du Toit says :

re : And if you want a good product that cleans teeth fairly well, and will please picky eaters, then I recommend these dental chews
I have used them as well on all 3 my dogs, ranging from Jack Russel to Dachshund and they worked wonders. Especially the bad breath

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2929031456411031/k2311a0329/3.29.11