New Chapter Organics 40+ Every Woman II Multi Vitamin 117 ct  » Health  »
  • I was a little disappointed that I had to take three tablets a day
  • Even though that annoyed me, I decided to make the purchase anyway, since I was getting such a discount (and a free additional product was part of the promotion)

• by reviewabit

I was lucky enough to find this supplement on sale, and also get a twenty percent bonus in the package. I liked the idea that it was organic, and I am over forty so it looked like a product that could be beneficial. I took a look at the ingredients, and it had most of what I had seen in similar products that I had taken that were designed for women.

I was a little disappointed that I had to take three tablets a day. This has become a major pet peeve of mine with supplements.

It is fully possible to put everything into one tablet, so splitting them up is nothing more than a way to

trick people into paying more money for the product. 117 tablets, when you do the math, doesn’t last as long as it seems to when you have to take three a day.

Even though that annoyed me, I decided to make the purchase anyway, since I was getting such a discount (and a free additional product was part of the promotion. ) This vitamin has all the basics in high potency doses.

It also has lots of botanicals and herbs formulated to treat specific parts of the health– like sugar metabolism for diabetics, heart health, and hormone regulation for aging women. Although it made feel a little old, it looked like a good multi-function ...

• vitamin for me to take, and would reduce the amount of other supplements I had been taking separately.

I took all three tablets at once, since it did not specify otherwise. It actually stated that it could be taken on an empty stomach, and I will admit this is one factor that determined me making the purchase.

I have had a long history of bad gastric reactions to various supplement, especially multi vitamins. The more different substances in the pill, the more likely it was to cause me nausea or heartburn– sometimes even diarrhea and cramps.

I took the tablets, but within an hour I had stomach pain. It was not as bad as it normally was

with a reaction like that, so I decided that I would take them with food anyway, and also that I would space the tablets out and take them with my three meals.

This completely solved the problem. Although this product did imply that it can be taken on an empty stomach, I would not advise it if you have a sensitive system.

I will give them credit though– taking with food and spread out did eliminate the reaction completely, and I have taken many supplements that made me sick even when I took such measures. I will give them a thumbs up for this alone.

I may or may not re-purchase though, because they are rather expensive at retail price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429031456231031/k2311a0329/3.29.11