Movie: Rudy  » Movies  »
2.5
  • You have a football player who isn't physically gifted and is trying to make the roster of a team that has some of the best players in the country (at least when this is supposed to be occuring)
  • I have to say Rudy is one of the most annoying people around and, after the second or third time seeing this movie, I think you'll be tempted to turn off the sound while watching it
  • It's an Ok movie, but there are definitely some limitations to it and, for that reason, I would only recommend it for someone who is a die-hard sports fan

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: A young man decides to go to Notre Dame and spends three years on the team’s practice squad hoping he will eventually be allowed to dress for one of the games. What I like about this movie: This is a film that can be inspiring in a way.

You have a football player who isn’t physically gifted and is trying

to make the roster of a team that has some of the best players in the country (at least when this is supposed to be occuring).

And, he manages to stick with the practice squad and ultimately get to dress for one game simply because he refuses to give up and wins over everyone around him.

The fact this is based on a true story is also somewhat inspiring; though, to be perfectly honest, I am a little disturbed by the fact the whole family is obsessed with Notre Dame football as it is (I could understand that with a professional team like the Green Bay Packers but not a college team if your family doesn’t have any real ties to the ...

• Movie: Rudy
      university).

What I don’t like about this movie: I have to say Rudy is one of the most annoying people around and, after the second or third time seeing this movie, I think you’ll be tempted to turn off the sound while watching it: I know I was.

Also, for a football movie, there really isn’t a whole lot of football;

just some practices and the ocassional glimpse of a game.

That part could be a bit disappointing for your average sports movie fan.

My Final Opinion: It’s an Ok movie, but there are definitely some limitations to it and, for that reason, I would only recommend it for someone who is a die-hard sports fan.

I do think the average person probably wouldn’t like it otherwise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128031456030431/k2311a0328/3.28.11