Movie: Field of Dreams  » Movies  »
  • I think my biggest complaint about this film is it lacks a lot of action
  • But, there are plenty of parts to this film that seem to drag on and plenty more that are just simply boring

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Kevin Costner plays an Iowa farmer who is on the verge of losing his property but decides to listen to a mysterious voice and chops down his corn to build a baseball field instead. What I liked about this movie: I don’t usually say this about movies, but I do like the magic that is in this film.

You have Costner’s character

going on faith to build this baseball diamond and he has no idea why he’s doing it or who is asking him.

And, when he builds it and the ghosts of former players walk out of what’s left of his corn, you are still left with questions, but can’t help but be a bit amazed.

I especially like how he finds older former ball players and somehow convinces them to come to his farm; only to see them in their younger form.

And, that scene at the end, where he meets his father (when his dad was still a young player) was pretty cool too.

What I didn’t like about this movie: I think my biggest complaint about this film is it lacks a lot of ...

• Movie: Field of Dreams
      action.

This probably shouldn’t be too much of a surprise considering it isn’t advertised as an action movie or even a sports movie.

But, there are plenty of parts to this film that seem to drag on and plenty more that are just simply boring.

As a result, this is a movie that is best watched during the day; so you know you’ll

be able to stay awake through it.

My Final Opinion: It’s one of those movies that is better to rent than to actually buy.

But, if you haven’t seen this film yet, it is worth watching at least once.

And, don’t think you have to be a baseball fan to enjoy it because there is something about this film that I think just about everyone will like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128031456000431/k2311a0328/3.28.11