Shikai Henna Gold Highlighting Shampoo 12 fl oz  » Health  »
  • When I decided to put some gold highlights into my brown hair, I wanted them to stay nice
  • I had never used the brand before, but I was assured it would be the best thing to use
  • I think it was probably the natural “earthy” smell of the henna that made it so
  • I noticed about a month into using it that my hair felt heavier
  • A once in awhile wash with a build-up removing shampoo will take care of that problem

• by reviewabit

When I decided to put some gold highlights into my brown hair, I wanted them to stay nice. I asked the hairstylist if there was a product that would preserve them, and she actually suggested this natural product from Shikai, which surprised me because they do not carry this in her salon at all. I had to look for a natural products retailer to find it. I had never used the brand before, but I was assured it would be the best thing to use.

There were a lot of pros in using this shampoo. It is natural, so no

sodium lauryl sulfate or unneeded chemicals, and the second ingredient listed is henna. I have used henna products on my hair before so I knew it would help to make it shiny and manageable.

I did not care much for the mud-pack version of non-coloring henna, but in a shampoo, it is not so bad. The shampoo doesn’t lather as much as most, but it does get your hair clean. The scent, which is something that is normally very important to me– almost to a make-or-break degree, was not impressive to me at all.

It wasn’t bad, it was just kind of ...

• bland and odd. I think it was probably the natural “earthy” smell of the henna that made it so. I could forgive the fragrance for the good results I got from the shampoo.

It left my hair feeling clean but moist. There was no drying of my hair, even if it was used daily. I even tried it without conditioner once and got good results.

As for the color brightening effects, I had lovely golden red highlights all over my hair, not just the artificially highlighted strands. For the duration my using it, this shampoo kept my color

looking fantastic. I had no problems with dryness or fly aways while using it.

Eventually, I switched brands because of the smell, and the fact that my highlights grew out. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it again though. It can seem to produce a bit of a build up.

I noticed about a month into using it that my hair felt heavier. A once in awhile wash with a build-up removing shampoo will take care of that problem. Overall, I think it’s a great product and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to bring out the best in their hair’s color.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427031455180531/k2311a0327/3.27.11