John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock Leave-On Perfecting Glosser 2.4 oz  » Health  »
1.0
  • I have brunette hair, and I don’t normally use products made specifically for my hair color, but I decided to try this one since I had a good experience with another John Frieda product
  • It was definitely the wrong one for me, and I would not recommend it to anyone with thinning hair and definitely not those with oily hair
  • There is no magical revealing of amazing highlights in your hair

• by reviewabit

I have brunette hair, and I don’t normally use products made specifically for my hair color, but I decided to try this one since I had a good experience with another John Frieda product. This is a glosser like many others I have tried, that you apply to damp hair before styling. It claims great shine as its biggest benefit. It also tames frizz, and illuminates tones in brown hair.

Basically, it is brown-tinted Frizz Ease. It does have a silky feel

in your hands, much like any silicone products. There are a couple of problems with the product that made me give it away to someone else.

I have thinning hair. Products that weigh my hair down make it look flat and even thinner. Even with using a small amount of this product, my hair felt heavy and oily.

While it does produce a shine, it is not a “clean” shine. It is the shine from what is obviously product on your hair. After sleeping all night with this product in my hair, it looked greasy in the morning, as if I had not washed it in days.

My hair is too dry to wash every day, so this would not work as a daily product, even if I did like the effects. Some of the product rubbed off on my neck, which caused a pimple. Needless to say, I never wore it to bed again.

The other major product is that it is ...

• John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock Leave-On Perfecting Glosser 2.4 oz
      colored, and it rubs off. Rather than enhancing the natural color of your hair as it implies, it adds a colored product to your hair. This means if you have light colored towels, sheets, or clothing, they are at risk.

In order for me to use enough of this product to make a noticeable difference in my hair, I had to use enough that would stain clothing, make my hair look unwashed, and weigh my hair down so that no matter what

volume products I used, they were wasted. This might be a good product for someone with very full, thick, dry hair. It was definitely the wrong one for me, and I would not recommend it to anyone with thinning hair and definitely not those with oily hair.

The color enhancing effect is nowhere near what is suggested by the manufacturer. There is no magical revealing of amazing highlights in your hair. It’s just brown shiny stuff that will make your hair heavy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427031455120531/k2311a0327/3.27.11