GNC Herbal Plus Cranberry, 500mg, Capsules 100 ea  » Health  »
  • When I was suffering from a long term bladder problem due to scar tissue, I decided to take cranberry capsules instead of drinking the juice
  • I would definitely recommend this brand because of its purity and the good reputation of GNC products in general
  • Either way, this product is one in its class that I think is probably superior to most in quality

• by reviewabit

When I was suffering from a long term bladder problem due to scar tissue, I decided to take cranberry capsules instead of drinking the juice. I had been drinking the cranberry juice on a doctor’s advice, which turned out to be very poor advice. I did not have an infection, therefore the cranberry was doing nothing for me, other than maybe preventing another infection, but I was in no imminent danger of getting one.

I purchased GNC herbal Plus cranberry to supplement my diet so that I did not have to drink the juice. This product, despite the fact that I should not have been taking it, is a good quality

product for those who do need it.

It does not have artificial ingredients, just cranberry fruit. The acid content in the capsules, so I have been told, is lower– so actually taking them in this form may produce fewer symptoms.

If you have a bladder irritation or infection of any kind, acid foods and drinks can cause more pain. In fact, once you have a bladder infection, taking cranberry can make the symptoms worse.

That is not to say it is worthless– there is a substance in cranberry that prevents bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall. This can help to prevent infections.

It may help reduce the number ...

• of bacteria in an active infection, but if you are in pain and having serious symptoms, your best bet is to skip the fruit and get an anti-biotic, which will stop the problem quickly, before it spreads to the kidneys where it can be much more serious. Save the cranberry for afterward– to prevent another infection.

I would definitely recommend this brand because of its purity and the good reputation of GNC products in general. I took this product for several months before finding out that I did not need it, and it may have prevented me from getting another infection.

I did have a lot of bladder pain while

on it, which it may or may not have contributed to. (Hard to say, really) The cranberry juice I was drinking definitely did cause more pain, so I am assuming the capsules may have as well even though their acid effect was probably much weaker.

I would advise anyone looking to supplement with cranberry to use the capsules rather than drink the juice because the high acid content can cause heartburn as well as an irritated bladder. Another alternative is to eat blueberries, which have the same bacteria preventing substance but are much lower in acid.

Either way, this product is one in its class that I think is probably superior to most in quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427031455100531/k2311a0327/3.27.11