GNC Aloe Vera Skin Gel 1.75 oz  » Health  »
2.0
  • It is amazing for kitchen burns as well as sunburn, and the cooled gel can soothe a tired face and perk up tired feet as well
  • I bought it, not giving much thought to what was in it
  • Being from GNC, I think I had naturally assumed it was all natural
  • Normally, I love fragranced products, and this was indeed a pleasant, clean smell– but I would prefer that something I intend to use on burns and damaged skin be free of irritants, and fragrance, especially the artificial kind that this contains, is an irritant
  • I do not recommend this aloe product– there are much better ones out there

• by reviewabit

I keep some aloe vera gel on hand for sunburn and other first aid uses. It is amazing for kitchen burns as well as sunburn, and the cooled gel can soothe a tired face and perk up tired feet as well. It can be used as a toner, or acne treatment.

Like tea tree oil, the uses are endless. When I was running low on my usual brand of aloe gel, I happened to be in GNC looking for something else and I saw that they had a small tube for a couple of dollars.

I bought it, not giving much thought to what was in it.

/> Being from GNC, I think I had naturally assumed it was all natural.

I put the tube in my refrigerator, and when I finally had an opportunity to use it, I was shocked to find that it had a rather obvious fragrance added to it. Normally, I love fragranced products, and this was indeed a pleasant, clean smell– but I would prefer that something I intend to use on burns and damaged skin be free of irritants, and fragrance, especially the artificial kind that this contains, is an irritant.

My aunt happened to get a sunburn from working in the ...

• yard (and blatantly ignoring my warnings to put on sun screen. ) When I put the GNC aloe on her burn, instead of feeling relief, it made the burning worse.

I gently cleaned it off and replaced it with another type of treatment. I was not happy.

I did not want to bother with returning the product since it didn’t cost much, so I just kept it as a back up. I bought more aloe gel which was unscented and organically grown.

No burning should ever be caused by the most famous burn cure there is GNC, you are trying to give poor,

innocent aloe a bad name. I will definitely be more careful in the future and not make assumptions about products before buying them.

As for the left over aloe in the tube, I eventually ended up adding it to a scented lotion. The scent was similar to the one in the lotion, and it was not a great quality lotion so I thought a little something extra in it might help.

It was a happy ending for the aloe. In using on normal skin, there is no problem with the fragrance.

I do not recommend this aloe product– there are much better ones out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427031455080531/k2311a0327/3.27.11