Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched Moisturizing Shampoo 13.5 oz
  • The name of the product caught my eye, and the fact that the bottle was an interesting design that tilted inward to match the conditioner which tilted outward
  • I bought the shampoo, being happy with my conditioner at home
  • It seems this company took a “hybrid” approach, using the best from both realms
  • It’s reportedly safe for colored hair, so I decided to give it a try
  • I would not hesitate to use it again, it is good– but it wasn’t as different as perhaps I thought it would be based on my initial impression

• by reviewabit

The name of the product caught my eye, and the fact that the bottle was an interesting design that tilted inward to match the conditioner which tilted outward. I bought the shampoo, being happy with my conditioner at home. This has 100% organic extracts, and lots of natural ingredients.

It does not have sodium lauryl sulfate or parabens. It does, however, have a few unpronounceable (to me) chemicals in it, and artificial fragrance.

It seems this company took a “hybrid” approach, using

the best from both realms. I personally have no problem with that.

It’s reportedly safe for colored hair, so I decided to give it a try. I liked the scent, which was unobtrusive and clean.

Out of all the SLS-free shampoos I have ever used, and I have used many– this one lathered best. Whatever they substituted for the common detergent which is known for making mega suds, it worked.

It is not necessary to lather for a product to clean your hair properly, but for those of us used to it, it just feels better when it does. My hair, after using this shampoo, was in pretty good shape.

It did not blow me away with its effects. It was good, definitely worth trying if you are in the market for a “hybrid” natural/chemical product, and want something without SLS that actually makes a lather.

I’m afraid that for me, the concept and the packaging were more impressive ...

• Renpure Organics  My Pretty Hair is Parched Moisturizing Shampoo 13.5  oz
      than the performance. There was certainly nothing wrong with it, but I have used so many shampoos with very similar results that it simply did not stand out.

Because of its formulation, it does fulfill a niche, so I can’t fault it for being unoriginal. I do like the fact that it is not tested on animals, and is instead labeled as being tested on the family (company) that makes the product.

I find that charming. After using it

for a couple of weeks, and seeing no discernible difference in how it managed my hair as compared to other products in its class, I got bored and switched to another product, but my partner took it up and actually seemed to like it better than I did, so it did not go to waste.

I would not hesitate to use it again, it is good– but it wasn’t as different as perhaps I thought it would be based on my initial impression.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427031455050531/k2311a0327/3.27.11