Almay Antiperspirant & Deodorant Solid Fragrance Free 1.7 oz  » Health  »
  • This was long before I learned about aluminum exposure, and how chemicals were not always the best solution
  • I think this is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone having reactions to regular deodorant and antiperspirant products

• by reviewabit

Once when I was trying out a new deodorant product, I developed a serious rash as a reaction to it. My underarms were sore and irritated for over a month just from this one product, which was highly fragranced and apparently contained something that just did not get along with my body. Unable to use scented products because they would make my irritable underarms burn, I temporarily turned to the product suggested by the pharmacist where I work. It was Almay, a company that specifically caters to the needs of sensitive skin and allergic reactions.

This is a mainstream company that has been

specializing in these product for many years. This was long before I learned about aluminum exposure, and how chemicals were not always the best solution. For me, at the time, this was the perfect solution.

Almay antiperspirant is aluminum based. The bad news is that this is controversial. The good news is, like all aluminum based antiperspirants, it works.

The first time I used it, I braced myself for pain. I had been trying all different kinds of products but they were just irritating the already damaged skin and not allowing it the break it needed to heal. I ...

• had resorted to using plain corn starch, which was doing nothing for the wetness or odor.

A month of using the Almay did allow it to heal. When I first put it on, and every time after, there was no irritation at all. It controlled the odor and wetness effectively all day long, with no pain or burning.

My skin went from bright red, to pink, and finally back to normal–all while wearing this product every day. I did not have to sacrifice effectiveness for gentleness. It truly performed every bit as well as any other products I have used.

Although it is

not the most natural product around, this is a product that is extremely reliable and gentle and has been for ages. They obviously know exactly what they are doing. After using this product, I was much more interested in all of their products and I trust that any I try are going to be gentle and well tested.

Another plus, which is something that means a lot to me, is that they do not test on animals. I think this is a great product and I would recommend it to anyone having reactions to regular deodorant and antiperspirant products. It is time tested and approved.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427031454980431/k2311a0327/3.27.11