Black & Decker Cordless Electric Pole Hedge Trimmer  » Hardware  »
  • I was in the market to purchase a new trimmer and I decided to purchase this Black & Decker
  • So far it has worked very well and I've really enjoyed using it
  • I purchased it from Lowe's and at the time of purchase I paid 110 dollars for it
  • One of the things about it that I love the most is that it's very easy to operate and handle
  • Overall, I've been very impressed with it

• by John

I was in the market to purchase a new trimmer and I decided to purchase this Black & Decker. So far it has worked very well and I’ve really enjoyed using it. I purchased it over a year ago and it’s still running strong without any problems. I purchased it from Lowe’s and at the time of purchase I paid 110 dollars for it. I believe the price is very reasonable. I found others that were priced cheaper but I decided to go with this one because a friend owns the same one and he had nothing but good things to say about it.

One of the things about it that I love the most is that it’s very easy to operate and handle. The

handle is very smooth with soft cushion material as the covering. I really love the handle because as with all trimmers it moves a lot when operating and the handle helps to prevent a lot of pressure on the hand.

It’s fairly light weight which is brilliant in my opinion considering that it has to be carried around a lot during usage. It only weighs 8 pounds which is a lot lighter than most others that I have used.

It’s battery operated which is another reason why I decided to go with this particular one. Since I started using this one I’m glad I don’t have to do much maintenance compared to using a gas operated model. It’s also a lot easier to start and I enjoy being able ...

• to get it started with just a press of the button. I don’t believe it could be much easier. The battery usage is not as good as I would have expected but it works well. It has an 18 volt battery. Depending on what I’m using it for I very rarely have to re-charge it in the middle of cutting. I usually re-charge it each time after using it to make sure it has enough charge for the next time I use it.

I would say that it cuts very well. I am amazed at the thick brushes and hedges that I’m able to cut with the blade. The blade moves back and forth very efficiently. Unlike others that I have used I have

not had any issues with it getting caught or tangled in hedges during use. Another thing that I love about it is that it doesn’t take nearly as much time as others that I have used to trim with it. It has an 18 inch blade which is amazing. It’s very long which cuts the time almost in half. Because of the size it’s also able to fit into very small areas without much difficulty.

Overall, I’ve been very impressed with it. Considering that I didn’t pay much for it I didn’t expect it to work so well. At this price I don’t believe you’ll find a much better model. I’m glad I decided to purchase it. I would highly recommend it to anybody.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3327031454930431/k2311a0327/3.27.11