Citizen Ladies Eco-Drive Solar-Powered Watch  » Watches  »
  • I thought I would review my fabulous Citizen Eco-Drive that I have been wearing for about 5 months now
  • I love the concept of these watches anyway - the fact that they are driven by solar power makes them so cool
  • The look of my watch has a sporty look to it with the round face and thickish strap but I think it is great-looking and kind of looks like jewellery on my wrist and compliments my gold jewellery nicely
  • The price is good too as my one cost £169.00 and you can buy cheaper ones or more expensive ones (those being the watches with the diamonds)
  • My only criticism is that the date is so tiny that I have to squint to read it - but that is the only problem

• by jeanne71

I thought I would review my fabulous Citizen Eco-Drive that I have been wearing for about 5 months now. I love it. I love the concept of these watches anyway - the fact that they are driven by solar power makes them so cool. My dad used to have a kinetic watch and I thought that was a great idea and that made me check out what kinetic watches were available, which is when I discovered this solar-powered range. I used to wear a Rotary watch that obviously needed a new battery about once a year and in getting that battery fitted, the company I used managed to break the waterproof seal so the watch was never water-resistant after that and it eventually stopped working. So I just love the idea that such watches as kinetic or solar-powered obtain their power in such an environmentally friendly manner. Well, as I have only had this

watch a few months I cannot really say how long it will last me, but I can say that it has kept absolutely perfect time. I also love the way it looks - and the price. I have made no extra effort to charge up this watch - I have just worn it normally, peeking out of my long sleeve tops (as it is still cold at the moment) but as it can recharge just from artificial light as well as the sun, it gets plenty of energy with no effort on my part.

There are different colour tones to choose from, gold, silver-look or two-tone and I chose a two-tone one because not only does it go with my gold jewellery but also with all my silver accents that I have on bags and belts etc - but the all-gold coloured watches maybe look like they are trying too hard to look like real gold. You can choose from different coloured faces but when I was in the shop, I just loved the mother of pearl face on my one. It is so beautiful when I look at it in the light, with a general violet shade and hints of green - as beautiful as mother of pearl is. I was thinking of getting a fresh white faced watch but I loved this mother of pearl look. My watch has a classy look with a round face and a strap of about an inch in width - a nice size for my hands. This one is not too petite and feminine like some but it has a great classic look. There are of course different styles to choose from and you should have a look at the website. I am reviewing this watch in general as I cannot remember the particular name of my watch. You can get them with ...

• Citizen Ladies Eco-Drive Solar-Powered Watch
      diamonds around the face too for a more glitzy look. The look of my watch has a sporty look to it with the round face and thickish strap but I think it is great-looking and kind of looks like jewellery on my wrist and compliments my gold jewellery nicely.

This watch seems pretty tough too as I have a puppy who is always biting at my hands and frequently drags his teeth across the watch-face which makes me cringe. Yet, there is not a single scratch on that clear face, so it is made of tough stuff. The metal part of the watch does not seem to have any scratches on either and I am so clumsy that I have bashed this against a brick wall as I have walked by on the pavement and yet it is still in good nick. I do take it off when I wash my face or go in the bath

although it is supposed to be a diver’s watch, being waterproof to quite an unnecessary depth for my lifestyle. I only take it off out of habit but it is good to know that if I did get it wet it would not get ruined. I think there are different levels of water-resistance available. The price is good too as my one cost £169.00 and you can buy cheaper ones or more expensive ones (those being the watches with the diamonds). I think that is a good price for a decent watch (that runs on the sun so you never have to buy a battery!) but which looks so good it is like jewellery. The novelty has not yet worn off - I still look at my watch and think ‘that looks great’. My only criticism is that the date is so tiny that I have to squint to read it - but that is the only problem!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6427031454650431/k2311a0327/3.27.11