Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Shine Free Powder Foundation in Nude Beige  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion I do have a considerably fair skin, although I am not as fair as the Caucasian or Chinese people
  • This is the reason why I felt hesitant with this shade but unfortunately, this was the only lightest shade left in the store at that time
  • I am impressed that even though this is cheap, this still manages to deliver a decent quality
  • I could forgive this for not being able to completely hide my acne scars because this is just cheap anyway, so I thought that I just got what I paid for
  • I would definitely recommend this to all ladies, most especially for those who have acne-prone skin and for those who want a cheap foundation but could still deliver a decent quality

• by hidge

The Product Nude Beige shade is a olive color with brown undertone. This would suit medium to relatively fair Asian skin tones.

The container is powder blue in color, round, plastic compact with a built-in mirror. This is placed inside a square box where you could see the label.

I did not detect any particular or weird scent from this.

This has a matte finish and medium to full coverage.

This is being sold in our local malls for Php249 or around US$5.

My Experience and Opinion I do have a considerably fair skin, although I am not as fair as the Caucasian or Chinese people. To be specific, I would say that I do have a light olive skin with yellow, brown, and pinkish undertones due to my mixed racial ancestry. Nude Beige actually seemed quite dark, so I was not sure if this shade would fit my complexion.

I have an oily, acne-prone, and acidic skin which is why I often have to pick a

shade lighter than my natural skin tone because the pigmentation of the foundation ends up dark on my face at the end of the day or even as soon as I sweat or oil up. This is the reason why I felt hesitant with this shade but unfortunately, this was the only lightest shade left in the store at that time.

This promises a full coverage which sounded perfect for my skin that has some acne scars to cover. When I finally tried this, it actually turned out to be lighter when applied on the skin. This went really smooth on my skin and evened my skin tone. However, as for the coverage, this cannot just completely cover my scars without the help of concealer. This could fade them a little but they still show through which makes me not contented with the coverage. In addition, this shade seemed lighter when applied on my skin but I still get the feeling that this is not just ...

• the right shade for me.

As for the finish, this really creates a smooth, matte, and fresh look on my face. This also seemed to live to its claim for being oil-free foundation because while I was wearing this on, my face did not oil up as much as it used to be. Granted that this is oil free, this is really ideal for my acne- prone skin because I am assured that this does not contain skin-clogging ingredients that could cause pimples.

Since that this could prevent my skin from oiling up, this stays for long hours on my face as long as I do not wipe it with a hanky or any cloth. This could stay for three to five hours depending on my activity or the weather too.

Thankfully, with my sensitive skin, this did not create any bad reactions. I did not get any skin irritations, itchiness, dryness, or most of all, pimples from this foundation.

The Bottom Line This is actually a great foundation.

I am impressed that even though this is cheap, this still manages to deliver a decent quality. I liked that this could deliver a smooth, matte, and fresh finish on my face. I could forgive this for not being able to completely hide my acne scars because this is just cheap anyway, so I thought that I just got what I paid for. What I liked the most about this product is that, this is oil free which gives me no more worries of getting pimples. However, it is just too bad that this shade was not the right match for my skin tone.

I would definitely recommend this to all ladies, most especially for those who have acne-prone skin and for those who want a cheap foundation but could still deliver a decent quality.

Pros Cheap, oil free, covers pretty well, controls oil, and long lasting.

Cons Limited color selection and this shade is not exactly right for my complexion.

Would I buy this product again?

I will but on a different shade that would really suit my skin tone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127031454380331/k2311a0327/3.27.11