Carnation Hot Chocolate drink mix  » Food  »
  • I find that I prefer Nestle Carnation Hot Chocolate
  • Still, the packets are very convenient because you can put one in your bag and just add it to a mug of hot water - it tastes very good and you don't need to use hot milk
  • This brand of hot chocolate does cost more than some other brands, and I do admit that I'm not always certain that the difference in quality is worth the extra in price, but if you get it in bulk or you wait until it's on sale, it's not too bad of a deal
  • One thing I like about this hot chocolate that others might not is that it is on the sweeter side

• by booklover

I drink quite a bit of hot chocolate, especially in the winter. I probably have a mug or two of it each day because I don’t really drink coffee. So because of this, I have tried lots of different kinds of hot chocolate.

I find that I prefer Nestle Carnation Hot Chocolate. there are different flavours, like Rich or Milk Chocolate, but they are all good. Right now I mostly drink Rich because you can get big boxes of packets of it at

Costco. This hot chocolate mix is good because so long as you stir it quite well at the beginning, you don’t get that sludgy syrup at the bottom of the mug afterward. The flavour is even and rich throughout, although you might get a tiny bit at the bottom that is more chocolate than water or milk.

These come in canisters of the mix but because we get it at Costco, we end up getting the paper packets quite often. I try ...

• to recycle them but I’m not sure if they actually can be recycled, so I prefer to get the canisters. Still, the packets are very convenient because you can put one in your bag and just add it to a mug of hot water - it tastes very good and you don’t need to use hot milk.

This brand of hot chocolate does cost more than some other brands, and I do admit that I’m not always certain that the difference in

quality is worth the extra in price, but if you get it in bulk or you wait until it’s on sale, it’s not too bad of a deal.

One thing I like about this hot chocolate that others might not is that it is on the sweeter side. It is more of a milk chocolate than a dark chocolate or cocoa flavour. I do find some other hot chocolates to be more bitter, so I guess it’s all in how you like your chocolate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727031454370331/k2311a0327/3.27.11