Nature’s Gate Organic Fruit Blends Shampoo Color Protect Asian Pear/Red Tea 12 oz  » Health  »
  • It has a very sweet, strong fruity scent that I found really appealing, even though normally fruity scents are not my favorites for shampoo
  • Although the chemicals are outnumbered by the huge variety of natural extracts and additives, I would still consider it more of a hybrid product than a true natural or organic one
  • I switched to a clarifying brand for a few days and that solved the problem
  • The fragrance is great and stays in your hair for hours, and as long as you don’t use it for too many days in a row, I believe the product is very nourishing to your scalp
  • I would love to recommend it to people who have really dry hair, as it does a great job of cleansing gently and not stripping the hair of moisture, but I am not really sure if the same thing would happen to them too

• by reviewabit

I was looking for a new natural shampoo to try, and came across this one. I actually ended up buying it more for the scent than anything else. It has a very sweet, strong fruity scent that I found really appealing, even though normally fruity scents are not my favorites for shampoo.

This is an organic product, but does have some chemicals (I assume they are chemcials) listed on the ingredients label. Although the chemicals are outnumbered by the huge variety of natural extracts and additives, I would still consider it more of a hybrid product than a true natural or organic one.

It boasts not containing any sodium laurel

sulfate, but it does contain disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, and although I have no idea what that is, it sounds strangely similar. As for usage, it performs as well as most natural products and actually left my hair looking really healthy and shiny.

I used it for a week before realizing it really wasn’t completely cleansing my hair and scalp. After a few days, my hair, although it looked great and was very soft, started to feel heavier.

Eventually my scalp started to itch. I switched to a clarifying brand for a few days and that solved the problem.

When I started back with the Nature’s Gate again, the same ...

• thing happened all over again. Obviously this is not a shampoo I can use as an every day product, but I do like to use it when I just need a “light” washing and don’t want to dry out my hair.

This comes in handy when it is colder weather and my skin and hair are a bit drier than usual. The fragrance is great and stays in your hair for hours, and as long as you don’t use it for too many days in a row, I believe the product is very nourishing to your scalp.

I have had people compliment my hair when I have been using this, so

it makes it all the more frustrating that I cannot use it all the time. I have not decided if I will buy another bottle when this one runs out or not.

I really like it, but it seems to have its limitations. I would love to recommend it to people who have really dry hair, as it does a great job of cleansing gently and not stripping the hair of moisture, but I am not really sure if the same thing would happen to them too.

My hair is probably best called “combination” hair. I do think it is a good product, in general.

I just don’t think it is good for a permanent fix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425031454321131/k2311a0325/3.25.11