Desert Essence Organics Unscented Shampoo 8 oz  » Health  »
2.5
  • Some people I planned on making the shampoo for as a gift try to avoid chemicals like sulfates, which are present in almost all shampoos
  • I decided to look for an organic and chemical free version that I could use as a base, and it was very difficult to find one that did not already have its own scent added
  • I found out about the Desert Essence when doing an online search
  • I noticed that it did not feel as clean as it did with most other shampoos
  • I simply warned my friends about my experience and told them to use a good conditioner, or if all else failed, use it for body wash

• by reviewabit

When I began making my own bath products, I wanted to make a custom shampoo. The options available to me at the time were mostly unscented chemical laden formulas. Some people I planned on making the shampoo for as a gift try to avoid chemicals like sulfates, which are present in almost all shampoos.

that did not already have its own scent added. I found out about the Desert Essence when doing an online search.

Although the tube is small and relatively expensive for the size, I ordered it so that I would have at least one organic hair product I could give away after customizing it. Before adding anything to the shampoo, I wanted to see how well it performed on its own.

I tried it on my own hair, without conditioner. It truly is unscented– there is no hint of a fragrance in it.

Since it doesn’t contain chemical detergents, it does not lather as well as mainstream shampoos. For a natural product though, it did lather fairly well.

My hair was a bit tangly after rinsing. I noticed that it did not feel as clean as it did with most other shampoos.

Maybe this was my imagination or the lack of scent fooled me into thinking I had not washed ...

•    Desert Essence Organics Unscented Shampoo  8 oz
      my own hair. Once I got the tangles out and blow dried it, I could see the real effect.

It was a little dried out. Surprising for a natural shampoo– but that is now it looked.

The ends were a little frizzy, and my hair looked a bit flat, not shiny. I was disappointed, and decided that I would consult a fellow crafter about adding something to the shampoo to help it moisturize more.

Of course, once you

do this, you are changing the product, so the true review ends there. I added a few essential oils for fragrance, but there was not much I could do about the shampoo itself.

I simply warned my friends about my experience and told them to use a good conditioner, or if all else failed, use it for body wash. (It makes a great body wash!) I think this is a good product for people who cannot tolerate scents, who also have oily hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424031453810331/k2311a0324/3.24.11