Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In Conditioner 8.5 oz  » Health  »
  • Being a lover of animals, this means a lot to me and I am impressed with their policies
  • The next time I tried it, I tried to offset the problem by applying it to all of my hair, top included
  • I think it is probably the perfect solution for someone out there– but it wasn’t what my hair needed at this time
  • I would recommend the brand even if only for their animal testing policies, which are totally awesome

• by reviewabit

Beauty Without Cruelty is a company that takes its cruelty free policies the extra mile. Being a lover of animals, this means a lot to me and I am impressed with their policies. Not only do they not use animal derived ingredients or test on animals, they also refuse to use any new ingredients on the market that were developed after a specific date– because of the fact that most animal testing is done on new ingredients prior to reaching the market.

That is devotion!

I have hair that is thinning, but damaged and dry on the ends. I wanted a leave in conditioner that was light

weight, and planned to use it only on the ends.

Since I was impressed with the companies policies, I decided to give their leave in conditioner a try. It has a herbal-floral sort of fragrance, which is probably due to a great number of botanical ingredients they list on their ingredients.

It is pleasant, and doesn’t interfere with other scents. I used the product a few times.

It has a significantly thick texture in the hair. It is not what I would call a light conditioner.

When I first put a little in my hair, I initially liked the way it felt.

• It did give some shine and body, but when I went to style it, I found that the ends of my hair, where I put the conditioner, were weighting down the curls I was trying to make, and eventually I had to go with a straight style that day because the end of my hair was much heavier than the top.

I was not happy. The next time I tried it, I tried to offset the problem by applying it to all of my hair, top included.

This was a disaster, as my hair just went completely flat and wouldn’t do anything. That was a straight hair day

too.

Although my hair looks very healthy and shiny when using it, and it does a great job of moisturizing, it is just too heavy and seems to take over anything you are trying to do with the hair. I would think this is a better product for someone who wanted to wear their hair straight all the time, or needed some seriously heavy conditioning all day, every day.

I think it is probably the perfect solution for someone out there– but it wasn’t what my hair needed at this time. I would recommend the brand even if only for their animal testing policies, which are totally awesome.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424031453780331/k2311a0324/3.24.11