Kirk’s Original Coco Castile Liquid Soap 16 fl oz
  • I go through kitchen soap like water, and I thought this might be a good bargain since other castile soaps I had used were very potent and lasted a long time
  • I think it would be a little harsh to use all over the body though
  • Since it is sold as a natural product, I thought it was interesting that while it bragged of having no sodium lauryl sulfate, it lists ammonium lauryl sulfate as an ingredient, and in parentheses it reads “coconut oil derived
  • I use lots of “unnatural” products and personally I do not have any problems with the sulfates that I know of, but I just found it odd the way this was labeled with no specific explanation

• by reviewabit

After trying the Kirk’s bar soap and liking it, I saw the liquid version and wanted to get some for my kitchen since I was running low. I go through kitchen soap like water, and I thought this might be a good bargain since other castile soaps I had used were very potent and lasted a long time. This one did not seem to last as long as the others, like Dr.

Bronners. It was a nice soap though.

It has a sweet, clean and fresh scent. It’s a gentle scent and doesn’t stay on the skin long.

The soap

lathers really well, and does a fantastic job on kitchen grease. It is absolutely perfect for kitchen soap.

I think it would be a little harsh to use all over the body though. I was interested in the ingredients after reading the package.

Since it is sold as a natural product, I thought it was interesting that while it bragged of having no sodium lauryl sulfate, it lists ammonium lauryl sulfate as an ingredient, and in parentheses it reads “coconut oil derived. ” It could be that this particular sulfate is present in saponified coconut oil naturally, which would mean that it ...

• is present in any soap– but why would they choose to list it? I am totally confused as to whether this is actually a chemical free product or not.

A lot of chemicals are probably derived from plant sources, but without a specific explanation of what this chemical is and what it is for, and what in the world do we need it for, I am still baffled. I am not one of those people who is totally avoiding chemicals.

of, but I just found it odd the way this was labeled with no specific explanation. People who might want to use the product may want an explanation.

Other than its unusual sulfate ingredient, and the fact that it is not quite as concentrated as some castile soaps I have used, it is a good product in general and I have no reason to say otherwise, but if you want assurance that it is sulfate free, you should be warned that this “natural” sulfate is indeed present. If you don’t care about sulfates and just want a good soap, go for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424031453760331/k2311a0324/3.24.11