L’Oreal Visible Lift Extra Coverage Line Minimizing Makeup  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • The Product I am not sure what shade did I pick but it was definitely something fair or ivory shade
  • My Experience and Opinion First, allow me to clear that I bought this product only for its promise of extra coverage and not for its line minimizing ability
  • I bought this foundation with high hopes of getting a full coverage because I feel lazy putting extra concealer on my scars which takes a lot of my time
  • On the other hand, I would still recommend this to other ladies with lesser scars on their faces and for those who needs something that promises to improve aging skin

• by hidge

The Product I am not sure what shade did I pick but it was definitely something fair or ivory shade.

The container is plastic squeeze tube with pale gold cap located at the bottom. This weighs 37 mL.

This has no particular scent.

This has a dewy finish.

The retail price for this is US$12.99 but I was able to buy this from eBay for Php180 or around US$4 only.

My Experience and Opinion First, allow me to clear that I bought this product only for its promise of extra coverage and not for its line minimizing ability. I do not have wrinkles or deep lines yet, so it was not my main concern.

My skin tone falls on the fair shades but I am not as fair as the Caucasians or Chinese people. Instead, I do have a light olive skin with brownish and pinkish undertones.

I

also have acne prone and oily skin that is why I tend to choose foundations that are either oil free or non-comedogenic like this foundation claims. My skin is also acidic that is why I always have to pick one shade lighter than my real skin tone, so when it starts to oxidize, it would not turn too dark for my complexion.

I bought this foundation with high hopes of getting a full coverage because I feel lazy putting extra concealer on my scars which takes a lot of my time. When I was still using this foundation, I used to apply this after my toner and moisturizer. As a result, this foundation did not seem to deliver its promise of extra coverage. Instead, this ended up like those lousy liquid foundations that only deliver a sheer to medium coverage. In my case, I did not ...

• bother putting extra layer of this on my face. My pressed powder on top of this helped to make my scars look less noticeable. However, using this alone did not really do much on covering or at least fading my scars.

Given that this is supposed to minimize lines, this leaves a dewy finish to create a soft and radiant look on the face. It could be scary for my oily skin but surprisingly, this did not seem to make my face oily as long as I do not get too much sun exposure.

This actually oxidizes on my skin even if I picked a fair shade that is supposed to be lighter than my skin tone. At the end of the day, my face looked darker than my neck; not good at all.

As for the lasting effect, this foundation is decently long lasting. This could last

for three to four hours without retouch. However, if your face is too oily, then this would not last that long for sure since that this foundation alone already has an oily feeling on it.

Thankfully, this foundation did not cause my face any itchiness, rashes, or pimples.

The Bottom Line This foundation is disappointing in terms of coverage. This claimed to deliver extra coverage but based on my experience, where was it? I honestly find this to be comparable to an average liquid foundation that offers a sheer to medium coverage and pretty much like a tinted moisturizer.

On the other hand, I would still recommend this to other ladies with lesser scars on their faces and for those who needs something that promises to improve aging skin.

Pros Gives little coverage, has sun protection, hydrating, and decently long lasting.

Cons Does not really give extra coverage, feels oily and quite heavy.

Would I buy this product again?

No, thanks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124031453510331/k2311a0324/3.24.11