CVS Maximum Strength Assorted Fruit Antacid Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • I found that my heartburn was getting worse with each and every day
  • I read the instructions and saw that it was recommend taking two to four tablets as symptoms occurred
  • I thought the flavor could have been better, but the fruit was sufficient
  • I noticed that these tablets gave me instant relief as many do
  • I think this is only good for those who have mild heartburn

• by adrean_j

I found that my heartburn was getting worse with each and every day. I was trying a bunch of medications, but none of them would actually take away the heartburn long term. I was tired of having instant relief, but not long term relief. I knew that I would need something really strong for that, and purchased the CVS Maximum Strength Assorted Fruit Antacid Tablets. I got a bottle of 72 tablets for a little over two dollars. I read the instructions and saw that it was recommend taking two to four tablets as symptoms occurred. I ended up taking two tablets almost immediately, because I had

a burning sensation in my chest that would not subside for hours. I found that these tablets were a little chalky as I chewed two of them. I felt that they crushed and dissolved easily, but then left a pasty feeling in my mouth. I thought the flavor could have been better, but the fruit was sufficient. It was better than a lot of berry flavored or fruit flavored tablets I have tried.

I noticed that these tablets gave me instant relief as many do. I felt good for a couple of hours, until I guzzled down a large glass of water. At this point the heartburn ...

• flared right back up. I found that I needed to take a few more tablets to get it to subside again. I did not like this, and figured that it is pointless to get heartburn again as soon as I put something else into my mouth. I found myself eating about two hours after that, considering it was then lunch time. I noticed that I still got heartburn, but it was just little flares of it here and there. There was no consistent relief, and I had to take more tablets. I did like however, that I could take them after dinner at night, and it would
        not flare back up. I noticed that as long as I did not eat or drink anything else this medicine worked perfectly. I found myself actually being very satisfied when it came to just getting rid of the heartburn.

I think this product is okay, but I don’t see myself buying it again. I feel that this product takes too much effort. I want to be able to take something that I don’t have to take multiple times a day. I would use them if there was nothing else around, but they are not really my preference. I think this is only good for those who have mild heartburn.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624031453480331/k2311a0324/3.24.11