Dove Beauty Body Wash in Go Fresh  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • My Experience and Opinion The body wash itself is pearly white in color
  • I am honestly disappointed about the consistency of this body wash because I thought that this would be thick like the other body washes that I have used before
  • Otherwise, I am not totally impressed by this product
  • I would still recommend this variant to other ladies

• by hidge

The Product Go Fresh variant from Dove body wash claims to have an energizing formula to awaken and hydrate skin.

The container is a yellow plastic bottle that is sort of oval in shape with a click-open cap.

This is supposed to have a grapefruit and lemongrass scent but it pretty much reminds me of a typical citrus-y shampoo scent.

This has a creamy but thin consistency.

The new retail price for the 200-mL bottle of this body wash is Php80 (US$1.86) but this is being sold for a cheaper price in our local grocery store for Php75.95 (US$1.77).

My Experience and Opinion The body wash itself is pearly white in color. It looks creamy but thin and quite runny. I am honestly disappointed about the consistency of this body wash because I thought that this would be thick like the other body washes that I have used before.

I have used the

Dove Beauty Bar before and I really liked the slippery feeling that it leaves on my skin and how moisturizing it was too. The fact that this body wash is also from Dove, although in a liquid form, I was expecting this to deliver the same effect on my skin. However, when I finally used this, I got totally disappointed.

I used a loofah to make foam out of this and rubbed it gently on my skin. At first, I really liked how it lathered on my skin as it really felt creamy and foamy. However, as soon as I rinsed my body with water and tried to touch my skin for slippery moisture, I realized that I did not get any of it at all. Instead, this only gave a tiny, tiny hint of moisture and sheen on my skin. I was so disappointed at this! Perhaps, it must be the ...

• reason why they lowered the price of this body wash. Honestly, I would rather pay for the higher price of this before than pay this for a cheap price and get a crappy quality. This pretty much felt like an ordinary soap on my skin.

Usually, those really moisturizing body washes feel quite heavy and warm on my skin and at the end of the day, it tends to make my skin feel sticky. The good thing about this body wash though is that, this feels light on my skin so I do not get the sticky feeling from this. On the other hand, this may not be as slippery and moisturizing compared to the Dove Beauty Bar, but this does not feel drying on my skin either. My skin just feels right and smooth after I toweled it dry.

On my final note, this body wash feels fine and gentle on my

skin. This did not cause my skin itchiness, irritations, dryness, or any allergic reactions.

The Bottom Line I just realized that unlike the classic Dove Beauty Bar, this does not claim to have the 1/3 moisturizer. So, I guess I could not complain much that this does not have much moisture compared to it. Otherwise, I am not totally impressed by this product. I would prefer a body wash that gives more moisture and slippery feel on my skin.

On the other hand, I am glad that Dove lowered the price of their body washes, making them more affordable. I would still recommend this variant to other ladies. This is ideal for those who are not fond of the slippery feel from moisturizing body washes as this one does not leave any of that.

Pros Cheap, smells mildly sweet and pleasant, feels light on the skin, and neither leaves a dry nor sticky feeling.

Cons Less thickness and creaminess, and lacks moisture.

Would I buy this product again?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124031453380231/k2311a0324/3.24.11