Kenwood TTP 102 Toaster  » Housewares  »
  • Being a bit short of cash at the moment, I decided to just get a cheap an cheerful toaster for use in the meantime as I searched for a better one
  • When I got to my local electronics shop, I found a very wide array of toasters
  • Most of these cost nearly as much as a small cooker, but since I was only looking for a cheap temporary replacement, I didn't pay them any attention
  • After shopping around for a while, I finally came across what I thought would be the ideal toaster
  • I think this is a bargain, and would heartily recommend it

• by Sam Amulyoto

I happen to have very bad luck with toasters, and a few months ago I broke mine again. Normally, my family takes a lot of toast, so breaking this one meant that I had to quickly get another one. Being a bit short of cash at the moment, I decided to just get a cheap an cheerful toaster for use in the meantime as I searched for a better one. When I got to my local electronics shop, I found a very wide array of toasters. Most of these cost nearly as much as a small cooker, but since I was only looking for a cheap temporary replacement, I didn’t pay them any attention. After shopping around for a while, I finally came across what I thought would be the ideal toaster. I thought it would be ideal because of its cost and the fact that it was big enough for my

family, and also due to it’s design. It was the Kenwood TTP 102 toaster, and it cost me £12.00.

This toaster has a white body, and a two slice capability. It also has a bread lift feature, a removable crumb tray and it’s slot width is variable. It also has defrost, cancel and reheat features running vertically on its side. However, it didn’t have a facility to keep the toast warm or a bun warming rack, which disappointed me a little since even though it was cheap, I was hoping it would have those features.

Though I had gone out in search of a toaster that would be replaced within a few weeks, this one has proved to be very good and several months down the line, it’s still going strong. It has proved to be capable of serving my family, and that is saying a lot since they have a lot of ...

• toast each day. One thing I love about it is it’s light weight and optimal size; it weighs a mere 1.25 kg. Though cheap, I do think it looks very nice on the worktop of my kitchen. Everything about it, including the toast slider, looks very well thought out and the whole thing is put together very well. This toaster has variable browning control. At first I thought this sounded really fancy, but I just found out that it’s just a lever that keeps the bread in the toaster a bit longer or shorter, depending on how brown you want it to be. I didn’t find the toaster’s feet to be too grippy, but they are good enough and they keep the toaster from sliding around when I’m trying to put or take out my toast.

However, I would be very cautious with kids around since they could very easily drop

it from the counter top. I found the crumb tray to be very convenient; it slides in and out of the toaster with little effort and allows me to take out the breadcrumbs. I found this feature very useful since having the crumbs in the toaster usually causes a lot of smoke to come out of the toaster, setting off the smoke detector.

I am very happy with this toaster; it does what it’s meant to do easily, and it copes very well with all sizes of bread. The toaster lever is very convenient, since it pushes the bread nearly halfway out of the toaster, making it very easy to remove the roast. Generally, I think it’s a very handy appliance which is likely to please anyone who loves toast. Being from Kenwood, you are also assured that it will last long. I think this is a bargain, and would heartily recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324031453280231/k2311a0324/3.24.11