Patrick Cudahy Breakfast Sausage Links  » Food  »
2.5
  • Another thing I don't like about this is the taste
  • As a result, I don't think I can recommend this product (though I haven't ruled out buying it again

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Bag of 24 pre-cooked frozen sausage links. Available at one of our local grocery stores (I’m guessing it is only available at select stores) for about $3. 50.

What I liked about this product: I have found, as far as breakfast goes at least, you can’t go wrong with pre-cooked sausage. And, when it comes to convenience, this brand did live up to expectations.

Even though they did take a bit longer

to cook in the microwave than the bag suggested they would, the sausage was still fully heated in under 90 seconds. This is a big deal when you have a hungry family that’s waiting to eat.

The sausage also proved to be a decent value when it came to the price. Our normal brand is $2 and only has 10 links in the box.

I got twice as many sausage links for only ...

• $1. 50 more.

What I didn’t like about this product: First of all, this sausage was much fattier than most of the other brands we would normally purchase. And, that’s saying a lot considering we don’t buy the top brand names; just the cheapest brands.

I warmed up three sausage links with my breakfast and my plate was covered in grease. Another thing I don’t like about this is the taste.

It doesn’t seem

to have any. Part of the reason for that is likely the high fat content (which always reduces flavor).

The other part of it though is they didn’t seem to put any seasonings on it. My Final Opinion: This was a better value price wise but not quality wise.

As a result, I don’t think I can recommend this product (though I haven’t ruled out buying it again; with the intention of adding my own spices to it).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724031453210231/k2311a0324/3.24.11