VMWare 4.0  » Software  »
  • One of the best reason why you should use this virtualization software is that it is free of charge
  • There are of course other options that you need to buy, but for beginners who want to know more about different types of operating systems, and they're basic properties, I think VMware is already good
  • One of the annoying things that got me pissed of when I was on the early stage of learning was this problem with the internet connection

• by Shuyi

For this semester, one of the subjects that is being taught in school is one that involved operating systems. In order for our learning to become a little more practical, our teacher introduced us to a new software called VMWare. VM in VMWare stands for Virtual Machine. A Virtual Machine is a software that mimics the capabilities of a hardware. It allows you to install a guest operating system inside a host operating system.

Anyways, proceeding the review, VMWare

for beginners, is really easy to use just as long as you guys have an image file of the operating system that you would like to install. The interface is fairly simple and straight forward. There are a lot of options but I have not used most of them yet. One of the best reason why you should use this virtualization software is that it is free of charge! There are of course other options that you need to ...

• buy, but for beginners who want to know more about different types of operating systems, and they’re basic properties, I think VMware is already good.

I have used other Virtual Machines before such as Virtual Box and Virtual PC, and I think VMWare 4.0 by far is faster compared to the two as of writing. One of the annoying things that got me pissed of when I was on the early stage of learning was this problem with the internet

connection. Apparently, the default network settings for VMWare is NAT. I do not know what that means, but basically it does not allow me to surf the web with a browser. The funny thing is, when I ping a certain website, it returns something which means, my internet connection is okay but then when I use the browser, it just gives me this funny errors.

Well, that’s it. For beginners, it’s a good software. Nothing much to expect but pure awesomeness!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3024031453180231/k2311a0324/3.24.11