Planet Networking and Communication: 802.11n Wireless Broadband Router  » Hardware  »
  • Well, I found the device pretty easy to use
  • As for the price which is Php 2000+, I'm going to say, it's not the best but it does the job, but if you're looking for something affordable, then this router might just be of interest to you

• by Shuyi

A few months ago, a neighbour of mine wanted me to share my internet connection with him. So I told him, “Oh you have to buy a router and a wireless adapter for your old computer.” He happily obliged and a day later he was able to give me Planet Networking and Communication: 802.11n Wireless Broadband Router. The router was white and made of plastic. It had four ports (the yellow ones) for connecting various devices and computers into the network and one port for connecting the internet connection with the router.

Well, I

found the device pretty easy to use. It had a manual that taught me how to properly set it up and the what nots. It’s very small, and very light, anybody can just drag around any corner of the room they wish. I also had no trouble setting it up. It was fairly easy. I just opened a browser and typed in 192.168.0.1 and the configuration file quickly appeared. Anybody, even the ones without knowledge can get this far. The only dilemma I encountered with this product is that the settings were not really ...

• that clear. They could have provided the users with a more detailed explanation with each option so that configuration becomes a breeze. They failed to include that in the manual.

As for performance, I’m going to rate it pretty badly. The range of its signal is very limited, just 60 meters away and the wireless signal becomes really weak and then it dies out eventually. Some of the issues that I really hated about it is the abnormal resetting of passwords. I tried to put a password on the internet connection to make it

more secure, but after several days, the router resets everything. The password is gone and the name of the network goes back to default, which was quite strange because I never set it to have any limits at all and I did not even reset the router explicitly. It just restarted everything back on its own.

As for the price which is Php 2000+, I’m going to say, it’s not the best but it does the job, but if you’re looking for something affordable, then this router might just be of interest to you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3324031453170231/k2311a0324/3.24.11