Chi Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray
  • The bottle I bought was about 8oz I think, and was between $25 and $30 dollars
  • In my view, whilst I know you can pay a lot more for heat protectors, this is still on the high side
  • I did this on the basis that I thought I needed the most protection from the flat iron, and after all, this says it is an Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray
  • Firstly, I found that my hair felt a little bit sticky or tacky after use
  • For me, I definitely will not repurchase this

• by gecko

When I started using a flat iron, I realized that I needed to started protecting my hair, which is already fragile and thin, from the added heat. I saw the Chi Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray, and thought Chi had a pretty good reputation, so decided to give it a go.

The bottle I bought was about 8oz I think, and was between $25 and $30 dollars. In my view, whilst I know you can pay a lot more for heat protectors, this is still on the high side.

I used this

following the directions, washing my hair as normal, towel drying it, adding styling products first. The first few times I used this, I dried my hair with a hair dryer first, then sprayed the Chi heat protectant onto my hair, and then used a flat iron. I did this on the basis that I thought I needed the most protection from the flat iron, and after all, this says it is an Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray.

The results were OK, but I was not wowed.

I then decided to spray it

onto my damp hair after application of styling products but before blow drying my hair. This method for me, worked much better.

On the positive side, I thought that my hair was certainly extremely straight after using the flat iron. I did not have even the slightest wave or curl, and I do have curly hair to begin with. The first few times of using this, I also thought my hair had a lot of movement and no frizz whatsoever.

However, there are more downsides to this product I ...

• Chi Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray
      thought. Firstly, I found that my hair felt a little bit sticky or tacky after use. It felt like something had been sprayed onto my hair, and I could still feel the residue. Speaking of residue, there is lots of it and it builds up onto my hair. After a few uses, my hair lost its movement and shine, and just hung there, starting to look unhealthy.

Also, I felt my hair was starting to feel a little crispy and fried. Since this was meant to be protecting

my hair, I started to feel that it was not doing its job, and in fact started to feel that my hair was feeling damaged from the heat, something I hadn’t felt to date using other products.

For me, I definitely will not repurchase this. In fact, I am not even sure I am going to finish the bottle, I am a little too worried about my hair getting damaged. This may work for some people, but it does not seem to suit my hair.

The search for heat protection goes on!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124031453050231/k2311a0324/3.24.11