Washtenaw Community College
4800 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor MI 48105-4800
  • I attend Washtenaw Community College and I think that it is probably the best community college in South Eastern Michigan
  • It is the best community college for the price and it is worth to pay a little bit more to go out of district
  • The student unfortunately only has a subway, a coffee shop and a few other things which makes it very expensive to buy food on campus

• by jaelatthedisco

I attend Washtenaw Community College and I think that it is probably the best community college in South Eastern Michigan. It is the most well funded college in Michigan and there are all sorts of great opportunities here. It is the best community college for the price and it is worth to pay a little bit more to go out of district.

The only major complaint I have with this community college is that some of the teachers, particularly the newly hired ones can be very low quality. I had a

medical terminology teacher who pronounced every word incorrectly and knew pretty much nothing about the subject. She had a lot of problems and I didn’t get as much out of that class as I could have. I had another journalism teacher who spent every class period talking about himself and the only two articles that he had ever written. I felt that class was a waste of money.

The library on the campus is really great and there is a computer lab on the second floor with aides who tutor students very ...

• well. There is also free tutoring for almost every subject that is extremely helpful for me to get a great grade in classes. The writing center will edit any piece of writing for any class.

There is no student government, but there are club sports and many other clubs such as the video game club and more. The student newspaper wins many awards and there are a alot of fun things to do on campus. The student unfortunately only has a subway, a coffee shop and a few other things which makes

it very expensive to buy food on campus. There isn’t anything else within walking distance.

This is a great campus with a lot of great teachers who have supported me through many things and who are genuinely interested in me doing well in their classes. There are always good teachers and bad teachers, but it seems that I have particularly bad luck with new teachers.

Overall this is a great campus with a high quality of education. There are plenty of great things to study and their medical programs are especially great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5023031452760731/k2311a0323/3.23.11