Nars Lip Gloss in Angelika  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion When it comes to Nars lip glosses, I have always been hearing the shade name Turkish Delight
  • However, I noticed that there were quite a lot of nice-looking pink shades in the Nars lip gloss counter, so I thought, I must look for an alternative
  • On my search for a good replacement, I found this interesting bubble gum pink color called Angelika
  • However, at that time, I decided to just slap this lip gloss alone, straight on my lips to see its genuine quality
  • I would still recommend this though for other ladies who can afford this brand and big fans of Nars cosmetics

• by hidge

The Product Angelika shade is a bubble gum pink color with some micro shimmers.

The container is a long, slim, matte plastic tube with a black cap where the doe-foot applicator is attached.

This has no particular scent or taste.

This has a creamy but medium consistency.

The retail price of this is US$24 but this is being sold in our county for Php1350 or around US$31.

My Experience and Opinion When it comes to Nars lip glosses, I have always been hearing the shade name Turkish Delight. As we all know and notice, these days, nude lip color shades are so in the hype, most especially those pale pink ones. It so happened that Turkish Delight shade from Nars Lip Gloss is one of the most famous nude pink lip colors, and since that I am also a fan of this lip color hype, I also

wanted to give it a try.

When I finally came to the store, planning to hunt for that so famous Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight shade, I ended up failed. They did not have this shade available. However, I noticed that there were quite a lot of nice-looking pink shades in the Nars lip gloss counter, so I thought, I must look for an alternative. On my search for a good replacement, I found this interesting bubble gum pink color called Angelika. It is not nude pink but it is something that is interesting and nice to make a bright pop of pink color on my lips.

I twisted the cap, pulled it, and applied this lip gloss straight on my lips. Usually, I apply a lip balm first for a smoother application. However, at that time, I decided to just slap this lip gloss alone, straight ...

• on my lips to see its genuine quality.

On my medium-pigmented lips, this delivered a sheer yet decently pigmented pink color that pretty much blended on the natural tone of my lips. Unlike from the way it looks from the tube, this did not turn out to be too bright on my lips. This just gave my lips a nice pop of pink color.

In terms of glossiness, this is glossy but more of a moderate kind of glossiness. It rather looked wet than mirror-like shine that I was expecting from this.

This lip gloss is ideal for ladies who hate the heavy feeling from a thick and sticky lip gloss because personally, I find the formula of this lip gloss to be light. It feels quite thin but the good thing about this is that, it is still creamy and emollient.

On the other hand, this also feels moisturizing

on my lips. This hydrated my lips right away upon application. This keeps my lips soft and makes them feel smooth to rub together.

However, due to the light consistency of this lip gloss, this could only last for two to three hours with moderate eating and/or drinking.

Finally, this lip gloss feels very mild on my lips. I did not experience any lip irritations, itchiness, or any allergic reactions from this.

The Bottom Line This is a cute shade and is quite hard to find in other cheap brands. However, in terms of glossiness, I am not quite impressed with this. Honestly, this is pretty mediocre for my taste.

I would still recommend this though for other ladies who can afford this brand and big fans of Nars cosmetics. After all, this is a nice bubble gum pink that is perfect to be worn almost anytime and anywhere.

Pros Cute color, simple yet classy packaging, decently pigmented, moisturizing, and reasonably lasting.

Cons Expensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123031452630731/k2311a0323/3.23.11