Kirk’s Original Coco Castile Bar Soap 4 oz
  • When I saw a bar of it for sale in a store, even though I was not familiar with the brand, I thought if they have been around that long, they must be doing something right
  • I love to try older or “classic” products because it fascinates me that they have survived the fickle market for decades
  • It is not harsh, but it will definitely get the job done if you are covered in garden dirt or paint
  • I would definitely recommend this soap to anyone who loves simple, natural products and likes to feel clean and smell good without a lot of fuss

• by reviewabit

This is a simple, wonderful coconut oil soap that has been around since 1839. When I saw a bar of it for sale in a store, even though I was not familiar with the brand, I thought if they have been around that long, they must be doing something right. I love to try older or “classic” products because it fascinates me that they have survived the fickle market for decades. This one is a good example of why it pays to try the oldies but goodies.

First of all, it is natural soap. It is not a detergent bar with fancy ingredients or smells or chemicals.

It’s just good quality, old fashioned soap.

It’s made with coconut oil and has a gentle, clean scent that is appropriate for males or females. When I tried the soap in my shower, I was thrilled with the rich, creamy lather it produced right away. It smells very nice when the water warms the scent up.

If I could compare this to any other product, it would have to be Ivory, although that is not the same type of product, but it has the same “feel. ” It cleans perfectly. It is not harsh, but it will definitely get the job done if you are ...

• covered in garden dirt or paint.

This is no “sissy” soap. You will feel very clean after you use it, but it won’t make you feel like you’ve been stripped of every drop of moisture in your skin. For me, it will be a “summer” soap.

My skin tends to be oilier in the summer, and I usually need a stronger soap to get all the gooey sun block products off. This is the perfect soap for that purpose. One day when I was doing housework in the heat of summer, I managed to develop the beginnings of a heat rash, along with several pimples on

my face and body.

This was all from sweating. After bathing with the Kirk’s, not only did I feel completely clean, but the rash went away by the next morning, and so did the little pimples! That’s pretty impressive for a soap. I can see why it has been around so long….

it must have many die hard fans who use nothing else. The simple, old fashioned looking packaging is appealing too. An antique product should look like one, so it will attract your attention and curiosity.

I would definitely recommend this soap to anyone who loves simple, natural products and likes to feel clean and smell good without a lot of fuss.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423031452520731/k2311a0323/3.23.11