Movie: Road Kill  » Movies  »
2.0
  • When I first read the description to the movie, I thought it was going to be similar to Joy Ride or Jeepers Creepers
  • As a result, I ended up a bit disappointed and can't find a reason to recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: Four friends are traveling through the Australian outback when they are run off the road by a tractor trailer. When they see the truck has stopped a short distance from their wrecked car, they go to investigate and, when the driver starts shooting at them, steal the truck.

They think they have escaped but they find their is more to the tractor trailer than meets the eye.

What I liked about this movie:

I’m going to give it some points for uniqueness.

When I first read the description to the movie, I thought it was going to be similar to Joy Ride or Jeepers Creepers.

Instead, the plot was actually somewhat original and, rather than being chased by the driver (though he does show up later), they instead start acting strangely while in or around the truck.

I also sort of like the way they kept a good ...

• portion of the plot a mystery.

This managed to add to some of the creepiness.

What I didn’t like about this movie: Even though I liked the mystery to a point, they really left too much unexplained; like the cabin that the one woman found and how it was related.

Because of this, the movie was kind of confusing at times.

And, while I do think it’s possible for them not to have a working

cell phone, I do find it very hard to believe the area is so desserted, they don’t see a single other car the entire time.

If it is that un-traveled, why bother paving the road.

My Final Opinion: This movie has an OK plot.

But there is too much left to the imagination and, overall, isn’t as good as you might expect it to be.

As a result, I ended up a bit disappointed and can’t find a reason to recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123031452360631/k2311a0323/3.23.11