Hotpoint FDF784P Dishwasher  » Housewares  »
  • I had to redesign my kitchen some time back, and as a result I found that I had to get new appliances
  • Normally, these cost more than normal coloured appliances, but I was determined to make everything in the kitchen match
  • I would have liked to have paid a little less for it, but so far it has never disappointed me
  • When the door is closed, I noticed that the controls to the dishwasher were actually on the door itself
  • I would therefore recommend it to anyone looking for one, since I am very happy with it

• by Sam Amulyoto

I had to redesign my kitchen some time back, and as a result I found that I had to get new appliances. One of these was a dishwasher. I had chosen to give my kitchen a silver look, meaning that I had to get silver appliances. Normally, these cost more than normal coloured appliances, but I was determined to make everything in the kitchen match. After shopping around for a while, I settled on the Hotpoint FDF784P dishwasher.

After using this dishwasher for several weeks now, it has turned out to be a good purchase. I would have liked to have paid a little less for it, but so far it has never disappointed me. I find that it looks very stylish, and it fits with the rest of my silver kitchen appliances very well. When the door is closed, I noticed that the controls to the dishwasher were actually on

the door itself. I found the controls very easy to understand. It also is very generous in terms of the number of settings it has, though personally I only use three out of the eight provided.

One thing that I really liked about this dishwasher was its capacity: when I opened the door, I saw that the racks were quite deep and actually on the first try I found that it could accommodate all my family’s dishes on one go. This is saying a lot, considering that I have a family of six. I could fit in all the plates and cutlery in there, and sometimes I am also able to squeeze in a pan or two. The racks which hold the dishes normally slide out very smoothly, and as a result I never have a problem placing my dishes in it.

I really love the fact that the top rack can ...

• be lowered or raised, making it very easy to put large items inside. This is a godsend for me, because with previous dishwashers I couldn’t fit in my larger pans and as a result I had to wash them by hand, which I really hate doing. Adjusting the height of the top shelf is normally done by adjusting a clip on the side, and then raising or lowering the shelf as desired. Overall, a very easy procedure.

This dishwasher also happens to have a cutlery tray, which can be placed anywhere on the lower rack. I found it to be of adequate size, and I have never had any problem fitting all my cutlery in there. It also happens to be sturdily built, and I don’t think you’d need to be overly gentle with it. A normal wash program with this dishwasher takes thirty minutes, which I was very comfortable with.

In terms of cleaning quality, I found this dishwasher to be very good at it, even when on a quick setting. It manages to get all the dirt out of even the most inaccessible places. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn’t dry the dishes as well as my old dishwasher used to. It doesn’t produce a lot of noise when running, and I found it very hard to tell whether it was running or not based on the noise level. I also love the fact that it can remember previous settings; I use this a lot since I don’t use that many different settings anyway, and it has helped a lot in saving my time.

This dishwasher cost me £450, and I feel that it was worth it. I would therefore recommend it to anyone looking for one, since I am very happy with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323031451780531/k2311a0323/3.23.11