The Body Shop Olive Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love it when my legs shine because it looks so smooth and it is great especially during the summer when normally would wear short shorts

• by asg

I have been recently given a gift by my cousin when he came back from Singapore. He handed me a pot of Body Shop’s Olive Body Butter. My initial reaction was… why Olive? I did not like it, the cover was not appealing at all, and when I opened up the pot, the lotion was light green in color. It was the usual 7 oz size that the Body Shop carries.

To be honest I really did not want to use it at all. The thought of using Olive as an ingredient to my lotion is okay, but I really did not like the scent it has. It smells of green vegetables. I guess some people like it but I would rather go for some lotions with floral notes or

something that has no scent at all. There came a point when I ran out of lotion and I was desperate, so I twisted the pot cover open took a small amount and applied it on my skin.

The texture was okay. It was creamy but not too heavy. The scent was really something that I did not fancy at all. The lotion spreads easily on damp skin. I used it all over and put a lot on my legs which tends to be drier than the other parts of my body. It did leave a nice sheen on my skin.

I went over my day. It tends to be a little warm and heavy on the skin if the weather is highly humid and during the summer months, so I got ...

• home all sweaty and my skin shiny. I took a shower and put another layer of lotion again on my body before going to bed. Surprisingly, it holds moisture well in the cold especially when I turn on my air conditioning at night at full blast. Normally when I get up my legs would be scaly and dry but this time it felt soft, smooth and still has a nice sheen on it.

One thing that makes this lotion different and special against the other brands I am using is that for some reason it really leaves a nice shine on my skin. I love it when my legs shine because it looks so smooth and it is great especially during the summer when normally would wear short shorts. It

may tend to be heavy and too creamy at first upon application, but as soon as it is absorbed by the skin, everything is good. My skin feels better now, not too tight and not too dry. I used to have flaky legs with dry patches, and not my skin feels and looks healthy. I feel like my skin has gotten its youthful glow after a month’s use. Again, using this and being under the sun for a long time is not a good idea because it may melt off your skin, but for cooler months it works perfectly okay. I still cannot get over the scent though, but I have learned to live with it. I guess if it weren’t for the scent I would have given this a perfect score.

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123031451730531/k2311a0323/3.23.11