Bath and Body Works Escape Collection  » Cosmetics  »
  • There is a little bit of citrus, there is a nice balance of the mango and the nectarine in this, and you can really feel the nectarine and its scent and I think that exactly the citrus scent will make it more fun and more wonderful to wear in the summer
  • Next up is the Fiji passion fruit, I like this one the most
  • The orange scent could be improved but the nice thing is that it gives you a hint of citrus, and that is just enough in my opinion

• by Lauren24

Hello I would like to tell you my opinions about Bath and Body Works Escape Collection. Right now I just have the three scents: Bali mango, Fiji passion, and Hawaii coconut. I have to say I was a little surprised although I shouldn’t be to see new scents that are usually available in the summer. I am saying this because at the moment of this review we are in February.

Starting with the first one, the Bali mango. According to Bath and Body Works this contains juicy mango, sugar cane, being passionflower, and luscious nectarine. There is nothing that completes more a scent, a very fruity fun summery scent than the luscious nectarine. If we are talking about the scents this is my second favorite and this has a wonderfully sweet mango fruit scent. I was afraid that this would be too sugary sweet but after I tried it I was very satisfied with its scent. The sugarcane or the sweetness doesn’t overpower the mango. There is a little bit of citrus, there is a nice balance of the mango and the nectarine in

this, and you can really feel the nectarine and its scent and I think that exactly the citrus scent will make it more fun and more wonderful to wear in the summer.

Despite the fact that I couldn’t feel any kind of pink passionflower there is something extra in there that I can only assume that it has some kind of a floral note.

Next up is the Fiji passion fruit, I like this one the most. I think that it is the best from al three. According to the manufacturer it has passion fruit, mandarin orange, apricot nectar and lime zest. This is the most wonderful fruit mixture scent that I have come across in a very long time. I can actually detect most of the notes in this. The first that I felt is that wonderfully strong passion fruit kind of limey going on, that is the strongest scent that I pick up from it, and I gave it to some of my friends to smell it and they said the same thing, and of course they loved it. It will take you ...

• with your mind in some tropical place. The next scent that I picked up is that nice apricot nectar, if you ever had the chance to drink a nectar from pineapple and apricot, and you liked it then you are probably going to love this because the passion fruit and the apricot just blend very well together, even though the passion fruit being the strongest scent from this mixture, it doesn’t overpower anything else, a very equal balance of scents was created here, and that I really appreciate because in most cases when we are talking about a mixture of scents, one of them will be stronger than the other one, but not in this case.

The orange scent could be improved but the nice thing is that it gives you a hint of citrus, and that is just enough in my opinion.

The last but not the least is the Hawaii coconut. This one I knew that I wouldn’t really like as much as the other two, and that is because I don’t really like coconut, except when it comes to chocolate. But

this is a matter of personal tastes.

What I don’t like about it is that it gives me the impression of some sun tan, or lotion and to be sincere I wouldn’t feel right walking around smelling like sun tan lotion. According to the producer the Hawaii scent is a combination between coconut and ocean musk, and I have to say that the combination of these two is a little forced because the musk makes it too strong for a scent that is more suited for summer time. Also it should have some citrus in it according to Bath and Body Works, but I really could not detect any of the citrus scent because of the ocean musk and coconut smells. Anyway I don’t have any friends who tested this and liked the combination between coconut and citrus because it is too weird.

Arriving at a conclusion, all I can say is that I really liked these scents, except the last one, but I am sure that there are other people who will contradict me and that is fine because everybody is different and that is how it’s supposed to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123031451720531/k2311a0323/3.23.11