Movie: Dracula Dead and Loving It  » Movies  »
  • I think part of the reason I like this movie is it makes fun of the films that fell well short of bringing the actual book to life on the screen
  • I believe the funniest character in this movie is Renfield
  • I love how he thinks he's perfectly sane and goes out of his way to prove it
  • I would recommend renting it or borrowing it from your local library instead

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: This Mel Brooks movie is a spoof of the Dracula horror franchise. Leslie Nielson stars as the count and an all star cast tries to stop him from claiming the life of the damsel in distress.

What I liked about this movie: I’m a huge fan of the book Dracula but have never been a big fan of any of the movies.

I think part of the reason I

like this movie is it makes fun of the films that fell well short of bringing the actual book to life on the screen.

I believe the funniest character in this movie is Renfield.

I love how he thinks he’s perfectly sane and goes out of his way to prove it; only to have everyone else realize he isn’t.

Oh, and that whole dancing scene in the middle of the ...

• movie is actually much funnier than a lot of people give credit for.

It shows just how much Nielson could carry a role.

What I didn’t like about this movie: While it was decent, I do feel this movie is one of Mel Brooks’ weakest attempts; both as a director and as an actor.

The movie seems to rely heavily on site gags and can be a bit predictable at

times.

As a result, this is one of those movies that really can only be watched once and isn’t like any of his classic films; the ones that can be watched dozens of times without getting old.

My Final Opinion: As I mentioned before, the film does have some funny moments in it.

But, it’s not a movie that is worth buying.

I would recommend renting it or borrowing it from your local library instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1122031450810331/k2311a0322/3.22.11